Jealous Murderous OT Yahweh Jehovah really is Satan?

by Shanagirl 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Hello to all,

I would love to start a discussion (not a debate) with others that follow the gnostic writings from the nag Hammadi Library.

I am a believer that pretty much every belief has some truths and fallacies. Some say its a game of 'only taking what you like out of something'.....I say, its using discernment to find the 'pure nature' of what God would be and is. A lot of gnostic writings display a 'ruler' called Yaldabaoth, who only THINKS he is God. This ruler is a co creator, making angels, demons ect... As I see it, Yahweh, the god of the Bible, is in fact none other than the Great Deceiver, himself, Satan. A far cry from the loving compassionate god that his deceived followers claim he is; the bible pretty much describes him as an ego-maniacal god of war and tyranny who if not obeyed, claims he will send you into eternal destruction. He rules via fear and intimidation as tyrants do. He requires death for the smallest infractions, and even demands the murder of entire cities/nations for arbitrary reasons. He demands blood sacrifices. Who else, could mislead the entire inhabited earth, of such enormity, but the Father of Lies himself? Jehovah, Yahweh, Allah, the gods of the Abrahamic religions of the bible, Qu ran, is really the the same god described as Yaldabaoth, creator of organic matter in our physical universe and chaos and keeps man's spirit light entrapped and imprisoned in our physical bodies, and keeping humankind ignorant in darkness as to spiritual knowledge and of the True God's realm of Light. I believe Christ came down from that realm of Light and taught of his Father in Heaven and he brought the light of true knowledge to us in the simple principals of love. He never mentioned his Father's name, but rather mentioned Satan the father of the lie and also called the Pharisees, who worshipped the false desert god Yahweh, as like whitewashed graves. Yaldabaoth is known to represent 'power' and 'rule'. Yaldabaoth is an offspring from the realm Sophia, representing wisdom. The texts, such as the Apocryphon of John go in depth about how Yaldabaoth comes about, being a chaotic aborted mess who resides outside the realm of 'light' God. Click here: The Secret Book of John (Apocryphon of John)

What is in question here is this. Some text display Yaldabaoth as the one who that has entrapped the 'spirit' by bonding the spirit into flesh. As long as Yaldabaoth can prevent mankind of understanding the wisdom one should seek for to ascend out of this material world, Yaldabaoth will rule over souls here. Yaldabaoth is known to be greedy, prideful and jealous. (sounds like Jehovah)

Yaldabaoth is called an Archon, which means 'ruler'. Yaldabaoth boasted to the other archons, who he formed from his own image, "I am God and there is no other god beside me". Is there a hint of 'doubt' in this saying? Would God doubt that its even possible to doubt that God is not God? Sophia then calls him Samael (the blind god). Yaldabaoth is also called Saklas (a fool).

Gnostics tried to explain there was much more to Jesus teachings then what is found in the canonical gospels. This was the reason the Roman churches branded gnostics as heritics.

This was followed by the destruction of gnostic writings by 4th century AD along with the killing of those who protected them.

Someone obviously felt these writings were worth dying for.

This Yaldabaoth was not considered the 'Supreme Being' that Jesus speaks of. Yaldabaoth is considered to be the one that instructed Adam and Eve to not eat of the knowledge (not wanting them to know truth because then they are able to see evil in Yaldabaoth).

Yaldabaoth is an impostor, a jealous god, with a lions face serpent with eyes of fire. Yaldabaoth was the first ruler (archon) and stole his mother's power (wisdom). Sophia brought limitless light into matter and the region of chaos. Yaldabaoth heard Sophia and traced the voice to the abyss, Yaldabaoth saw her 'reflection' in the water and wanted to capture the spirit in a physical body.

Life is sent so that Sophia could regain her power and place. Eponoia (life) was hidden within Adam (mankind). Yaldabaoth saw that Eponia (life) was within Eve, for she was luminous. Yaldabaoth sought to create offspring with Eve, but eponia left Eves body.

Eponia is then said in one text to enter the snake, telling Adam and Eve to eat of the truth (knowledge).

So this leads to the idea of Yahweh is the watcher or Archon who keeps souls captive. These rulers are portrayed as trapping souls in endless material pursuits. It is also said that Jesus, the Aeon of Christ, sets out to reveal the truth to man.

Sophia's story goes on to show how she becomes known as the harlot, passing downwards into the lower aeons, becoming shut up in the human body suffering insults in every one of them...because she is considered a consort to the Archeons.

Yaldabaoth is known to be the one that brought the flood. His nature defiantly fits the bill for a God that demands, needs blood (death), is jealous, prideful, greedy and so on.

My thoughts are that two natures are being displayed in the Bible. The gnostic Yaldabaoth and the Supreme One that does not share Yaldabaoth's nature, but instead is pure and righteous in every way.

I dont think the entire OT is full of Bull...I think there were original writings before the ones we now see, explaining the origins of mankind.

Isnt it odd that the 4 main NT gospels dont have a name on them, or a title> But yet a whole list of writings with titles and names came from the Nag Hammadi text. Why would people waste all that time writings stuff with Johns name on it, or Peters, or Timothy, or Judas, or Mary, or ect....And how, if these writings were all cop outs of the truth, WHY are they dated to be the EARLIEST writings of Christianity (believers in Christ)?

I find it ironic, in the age that we are in, writings that have been kept away for nearly 2000 yrs. have resurfaced....and they are bond in leather books. Someone thought they were precious.

Would love to hear what others think about this. Im sure many threads have been written about gnostic text....but lets start anew... Click here: Yahweh = Satan. They have you worshiping evil., page 1 Shana

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Both are imaginary individuals.

Period.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

In your opinion. There are aspects of truth found in myths and stories passed down through the ages. I'm not closed minded to blow it off as imaginary,.... period.

Shana

• EndofMysteries
  • yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Are you serious? An interesting hodgepodge theory you have but hardly a reliable guide to reality and truth is a bunch of ancient, superstitious, contradictory, unscientific scriptures and gnostic gospels.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Yadda, have you read "Against Heresies" by Church Father 2 century Ireaneus?

Like the Modern Day Gnostics (Governing Body), I avoid people who claim they have "special knowledge" without backing it up with proof!

"Gnostics claim to possess an elevated knowledge, a “higher truth” known only to a certain few. Gnosticism comes from the Greek word gnosis which means “to know.” Gnostics claim to possess a higher knowledge, not from the Bible, but acquired on some mystical higher plain of existence. Gnostics see themselves as a privileged class elevated above everybody else by their higher, deeper knowledge of God.

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-gnosticism.html#ixzz2s3Hi7hyw

Princeton has a decent education program, I wonder if this book would be a good read to help the Christian Apologist attack the specious claims made by Rogue writers about the Gnostic Gospels? If all the Gnosis was closely guarded by the Gnostic Leaders, how can we really know if what they are telling us was the "special gnosis" needed to get saved from the evil flesh and Material Universe? Why did the Gnostics die off? I don't follow the link that Islam's God is the same as the God of the Jews or Christians, they worship a God who is 180 degrees from Judaism and Christianity.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Gnostic-Empire-Strikes-Back/dp/0875522858

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I've just read snippets, why? The gnostic gospels were all written much later than the canonised gospels, way after the death of the apostles, that's the main reason they were rejected. And when you read the gnostic gospels you can see quickly that they are mostly chimerical and imcomprehensible nonsense, in quite a different class from the canonised gospels.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

I am not a fan of the Gnostic Gospels, I think if they had merit Eusebius would have added them to the Bible Cannon. Their content is diametrically opposed to Judasim and Christianity, closer to Islam than the first two. The book written by this guy looks good. I agree they are latter dated and forgeries and were used to control others with "mind control" not love!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Gnostic-Empire-Strikes-Back/dp/0875522858

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

The Koran is basically a sort of gnostic gospel. It even has some ridiculous accounts about Jesus in it that scholars note are borrowed from silly 3rd century gnostic gospel. And hundreds of millions of Muslims believe it's all historical truth.

Just shows that human beings are mostly just ignorant sheep suffering from cultural/sociological herd behaviour.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Oh, don't get me going on the Koran! We have a new scholar who is spreading lies about Jesus Christ, he does not tell people he is a Muslim Cleric or Muslim when he goes on his book tour "Jesus the Radical Zealot", Fox News was the only ones who asked him "Your a Muslim, that's like asking the Democrates to comment on Republican Policy don't you think?" He ignored the question and continued is hate speech against Jesus Christ!

Judaism and Christianity are not anything like Islam! They are not even close when you compare their content and requirements of Salvation ect... Islam is part of the Gnostic Gospels and was carried by oral-traditition for 300 years before written. We know the Greek Bible was written (New Testament) before 100 A.D in complete. The website below is a respectful educated scholar who is good at exposing the weakness of Islam. He has debated all faiths, very respected man.

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/is-the-islamic-conception-of-god-morally-inadequate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit