Corruption of Hubby Continues...

by jgnat 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, it's been a few weeks since he's gone inactive and hubby's already signed up at the fitness club. This morning he saw one of my apps and now he wants it too.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reverie-daily-inspirational/id514591805?mt=8

It has a pretty picture and an inspirational quote for the day. I downloaded last night on my own phone to counteract his "Examining the Scriptures Daily" as he was reading it on his Kindle at bedtime.

I have sworn all along that those of us with loved-ones in the WTS can leverage their new interest in the iPad, etc., by helpfully downloading a few apps to help them think. Nothing outrageous or shocking. Something a little witness-y, only better.

A pretty picture.

An inspirational quote.

Oh, so delightfully secular, lol.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Good for you!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Corruption" should be rendered thus. What you are doing is Anti-corruption.

You are helping the good Fella to heal from a nasty experience. Keep up the good work.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Good job Jgnat!! Big ABRAZO to you!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I love all the warm-wishes.

As an aside, the WTS going electronic certainly helped a fringe Witness like my hubby. If he is "too late" to pick up the paper copies at the hall, he can now get it on line!

Skip the meetings AND get the materials! One less hook of control on him.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Congratulations jgnat!! Patience, knowledge, and love can overcome BITE control.

Do you worry about your hubby backslidding? What would your hubby have to do for you to feel that he will never be a JW? As he read any of Steve Hassan's or Raymond Franz's books yet?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• jgnat
    jgnat

Of course hubby could slip back in to old habits. He doesn't think, he feels.

He would not read any of Steve Hassan's books. Not because they are forbidden, but because he reads at magazine level. Short snippets of information with lots of pictures.

I think Hassan's books are much more powerful for those of us on the outside, to understand. For a Witness reconsidering his beliefs, I think Crisis of Conscience is the best book. I hope it becomes more readily available.

• cofty
    cofty

Professional dullard Anthony Morris III and his cronies versus Jgnat. It's not a fair fight.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

@Jgnat. You have the patience of a saint! You've supported him carefully on this journey since I joined this forum.

First post in an age (had to dig out the password to post too!) Oh, and, it took me half dozen attempts to pass the captcha... I may be a robot!? I'll be offering everyone a free ipad next! :o\

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Keep up the corrupting. Might I suggest some preset channels for music that he might enjoy? Maybe you can buy him a decent quality headset for (next holiday)...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit