Regarding the permission of certain blood fractions, what is the biblical basis?

by I_love_Jeff 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

With regard to the permission of certain blood fractions, what biblical basis is the Watchtower's selection of approved and non-approved components or fractions made?

Two key words here: BIBLICAL BASIS

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

One answer by a JW caught my attention:

Permission is not the correct word.

A MATTER OF CONSCIENCE -

What that means is that there are some variables or unknowns that are not SPECIFICALLY covered in the Scriptures.

And so a person may - IN HIS OWN MIND - approach the use WITH A CLEAR CONSCIENCE - but of course answerable to Jehovah for that action none the less.

And if a person would turn down the usage - WITH A CLEAR CONSCIENCE - then again it is with the thought that the person's actions are answerable to Jehovah.

BUT - I may have a clear conscience on something that I should NOT have a clear conscience about. (I know - awkward sentence).

So we cannot fool ourselves and give ourselves carte blanche by saying it is a "matter of conscience."

It is NOT a matter of "permission."

SERIOUS thought should be given the matter that is "out of the norms," and we should each one feel that we are able to speak to Jehovah - face to face - and give our side of the situation and why we went beyond the "word".

It is not a flippant decision but one taken with the seriousness of life and death.

For many of us, there is no permission. We do NOT take fractions, looking for any way out. Our conscience says no. But we do recognize that we are not the judge of others, when there is a crack in the door. We do as Galatians 6:4 and 5 says - carry our own load, and we allow others to do the same.

Source(s):

One of Jehovah's Witnesses http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140129154407AAv6pv6

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

Hmmm,

Hmmmmmmm,

Oh yeah, which grossly uninformed elder would be consulted, Tweedle dee or Tweedle dum?

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

This is the Watchtower's best answer related to why they can allow blood fractions.

in 2006, I sent them a letter asking why they could call fractions a conscience matter and not everthing else regarding blood transfusions. This is their answer.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/medical/269089/1/Letter-About-Blood-Fractions#.Uur_gHkS9MI

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

I have spoken with many elders during my incarceration with the WT cult and found that most would give conservative answers such as NO BLOODY blood parts that touched blood not poured out on the ground away from a garden, - or artificial circulatory systems that aren't JW kosher certified.

As one knows, the OU symbol, U inside the O, on food product labels stands for [Jewish] Orthodox Union and means that the food processor met Kosher standards but WHAT SYMBOL does a JW look for? A NO inside an O? An eye inside a triangle winking?

TO BE SERIOUS NOW, the rabbis have for millenium, pre-JC, said that ANY of the commandments can be set aside if it meant saving a life. Except for adultery or cursing G-D and I forget, maybe murder as well. Pre 1970s, the WT called an organ transplant "cannibalism"! It should be noted that canibbalism of dead persons is not specifically condemned in the Mosaic Law. Humans may not be kosher as most don't split a hoof or chew cuds, but that is disgusting and part of frequent punishments where starvation was enforced by G-D.

As Westboro Baptist Church warned a Rock Star once, "You will eat your babies". I do consider them lunatic fringe from-dull-mentalists. Verily.

The Jewish Sages' commentaries, as the great Rabbinical thinkers are called, ought to be sought as they are the undisputable experts on the Laws of Moses having kept records and careful oral teaching from teacher to student from Moses. I prefer to search for Old Testament Hebrew Scripture info by searching "Rabbi Blood Transfusion" for this question.

How can you people close your eyes to the Doctrine-Of-The-Month changing back and fro and confusing people? How many times has someone mentioned something and be corrected that the "new understanding is ..."? But if the "Old Light" was "The Truth" then and "Meat in Due Season" and a "Letter from Jehovah" but has changed - is it now not "The Truth" that leads to everlasting life? Wouldn't one wander aimlessly onto the battle field of Har-Magaddan and get wine pressed? Har-Maggan is the NAME OF A PLACE, it says that, not the name of an event called "The War Of The Great Day of God The Almighty. So it goes with blinded "scholars".

Yeah

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

How do you explain or reason what part of blood-fractions are not blood? I never understood what the difference was between the "allowable" and "not allowable" fractions, I get the drift the Governing Body got themselves in a corner and can't get out without looking like control freaks!

Why did any Blood become allowable in their eyes, when did accepting X-component and disregarding Y-component appear Spiritually sound? My feelings is they have no idea what they are talking about and pulled their "Fractions" out of their ass, am I wrong?

If the Governing Body can't get Witnesses to follow their dress-code (each to dress in a modest fashion of their own Christian Conscience) why should we respect them and give them greater control over our bodies?

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

Huh, what did they write?

"We trust the following comments will be helpful to you in further weighing these matters in the light of Bible principals."

"you observe that our position on blood fractions seems to change as time goes along"

"Servants of Jehovah in Bible times"

Bible Times? Does G-D die, or go on vacation between the writing of books later chosen from many Sacred books, or winked off and gone silent since the time of Apostle John's last pen stroke? Seems like he wielded a mighty pen indeed.

"the faithful and discreet slave" has endeavored to provide guidance in the application of these principles -- holding firmly to them [by your throat], yet recognizing that in some areas allowance must be made ... "

"To impress strongly upon humans that life is sacred."

Yes it is sacred, and preventing the eating of living animals is the reason for them to be bled.

Now comes the slicing and dicing into smaller and finer and thinner slices of bologna. >

"blood removed from a creature breaks down ... can no longer represent the creature's life, thereby losing its sacred status."

Now that is a fine point, firmly weaving back and fro until we get to a "principle" they dictate that your conscience allow. Notice the reference from Volume 1, page 83: The Talmud of the Land of Israel, translated by Jacob Neuser, Volume 14, Yoma 5:6, D-F. Haven't some of them said that a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day regarding Jewish or Catholic or other Orthodox reference works? Oh, and don't consult them on your own since the FDS gave you dribbles of everything you need like gravy dripping from their chin onto the crumby floor for you little ... to eat.

"a careful examination of what has been published will reveal that the faithful "slave" has not endorsed the use of ..."

"Scripturally, the "slave" has decided with good basis ..." a very technical, biologically sophisticated, scientifically researched subject and with their narrow point of view firmly held you back from any of your "independent thinking."

"a line is placed between what is "unacceptable" and what is left for a "Christian to decide," as reflected by the chart on page 22 of the same issue of the Watchtower.

Is your conscience in that chart?

"some would argue that "abstain" would include any blood fractions" which lets any person independently move the "line" "placed".

I admit, I will go back to The Talmud for scripturely advice and commentary and perhaps comment back later.

Yeah, We did blood fraction reason fractioning - 1/2 - 1/4 - 1/8 - 1/16 - 1/32 ... 1/(2^20) ..........

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

We are at a watershedd where I think most JWs would accept blood if the Governing Body gave their thumbs-up hand signal. I am confused how we all got tricked in to allowing them to have such a huge amount of influence in our lives. Why were we so blind even when others people showed up proof we were outside the realm of the Bible or Spirituallity? Good thread!

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

I admit I am enjoying the mocking I am writing. I must not cast a stumbling stone before a blind man or call out curses upon a deaf man such as Leviticus 19 states but fools are always "open season". A reference to a hunting term, ... bleed, eat. No fun hunting allowed for a good JW.

If one urinates on the blood of the dead game, or near it, splashing some about it thereby, and scratches those splashes into the ground with a peg, which has previously marked a firm line on the ground to not cross, has he defiled a sacred thing because he didn't wait for it to convert back into its basic elements, outside the camp?

Oh my, I am mocking again. Where does this end? My eyes are watering and my stomach is convulsing.

Yeah

• Watchtower-Free
  • FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

"Doctors ought not play G-D". Is that Doctor a physician or a Dr. of fictional religious literature,,,,,, called a Ph.D.

B.S. degree - we know what that means.

M.S. degree - More of the Same,

Ph.D degree - piled higher and deeper.

High school diploma, with a janitorial service or lawn maintenance (grass cutting) job, and you are scripturally principled into childless poverty and lonelyness in your old age.

Using the published charts for guidance.

Yeah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit