Aftermath re: Pieces of me

by Mimilly 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

I was really touched by those who responded to my story. Since posting it however, I have not felt like the strong person those who replied made me out to be.

Between posting my story, wanting to post my story at silentlambs, and the pure bullshit the WTS is spewing and causing those honest souls who risk and are feeling the wrath of the gestapo to protect victims, I haven't slept; My nerves are on a raw edge; My migraines won't go; I'm on the verge of tears out of the blue; I'm afraid of nightfall; I'm afraid of noises, of phonecalls, of mail. I'd kick the crap outa my heavy bag if I had the energy.

Right now all of my energy is put into not taking it out on my girls-(they must remain as unscathed by my experience as possible), not snapping at anyone, not taking a knife to my arms, and reminding myself of all the good advice I've ever given anyone in a similiar situation. In effect, I am presently frozen in the moment of breathing, of 'this too shall pass'. I'm really pissed that this never really goes away, but that is no excuse for giving into it.

It's a time of 'shit, here we go again'. (cue the song 'memories')
    I know I can't possibly be the only one feeling this way with what is going on with silentlambs. I've no doubt there's alot of others doing exactly what I'm doing now. Just breathing.

I saw the thread where silentlambs has invited ppl to a candlelight ceremony. I'm asking that those who cannot attend to hold one of their own, remembering those who live and cope with this, as well as those who took their own lives because of it.

My experience is by no means unique. I really wish it was.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

{{{{{mimilly}}}}}

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

HUGS FROM ME TOO but I do not have any answers each of us are Individuals in how we react to any given situation...LISA and I are vey open with each other regarding Brother Ayers (now decd) feelings and thoughts....btw LISA did a great job in her inside decorating job -- very theraputical for her and there is a life out of the Watchtower to experience and I gave her as good a back rub as I could before she went to bed...TODAY is another day !!!

• Matty
    Matty

I felt the need to respond to your post today, because your post last week affected me so much - but I really don't know what to say! I've given some stoopid advice here before, so I won't say anything dumb about where you should go from here; but one thing I must say is that when I've felt down recently, the positive responses that I have had from this forum have made a massive difference - the big wave of love I get from here is a million times more genuine than I have ever got from any KH, because it is unconditional and genuine. Please keep in touch. There are a whole heap of people here that care deeply about you, and feel your pain.

{{{{{mimilly}}}}}

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((((Mimilly))))))

You said, “I have not felt like the strong person those who replied made me out to be.” Oh, but you are strong.

You recognized your feelings and have made a commitment not to harm yourself or your girls while dealing with your past. “Right now all of my energy is put into not taking it out on my girls-(they must remain as unscathed by my experience as possible), not snapping at anyone, not taking a knife to my arms, and reminding myself of all the good advice I've ever given anyone in a similar situation.”

I’m sorry you are still wrestling with the demons of the past. Rant and rave all you want (you have every right to do so) I will, like many others, love you not matter what.

Hugs,
    J2bf

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

(((((Mimilly)))))))

Girl, you are soooo strong, but I know how you feel, because people say the same thing to me when I'm going through the shit storm of life and feeling totally incapable of dealing with it. : - ) Then, I get to the other side and I look back in surprise and go: "Hmmm, I guess I am stronger than I thought!" Keep in mind when you are going through it that the feelings make you feel incapable of dealing with it because they are soooo overwhelming, but remember, feelings are not fact, they are feelings, they will pass! I was never so pissed off recently when my sponsor said to me: "you're okay, you just don't know it yet" I was so angry! I felt like she was making light of my pain and had no clue as to how horrible "my life" was at that moment! But, she was right! I did make it through and I AM okay! Just to give you a brief idea of what happened: I had been dating a man for a year, he had even asked me to marry him and then I found out he took another woman out to a dance and went home with her. Not nice at all. One of the worst kinds of betrayals a woman can experience from a person who supposedly loves her. But, I'm okay, I really really am and it's given me knowledge and power that I can use for the future!

Love,

Terri

• Gopher
    Gopher

Mimilly,

Hugs to you. We're here to listen, or just to empathize. I know you can get through this, you do have a certain wit and sense of humor that comes across in the chat room. You've got the tools, the friends, and the determination to see this through to a better day. Best wishes. Always feel free to e-mail any of your friends who have reached out to you. (We do care, even though physically we may be far from you...)

-J.R.

This post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    Any opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• zanex
    zanex

I'll keep it short and sweet...fuck em. The wtbts has screwed us ALL in one way or another. For whatever its worth I got yer back...

-Z-

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

To all of you,
    Your replies have carried me today. It is an incredible feeling to break down in tears out of the realization that people do care. Normally, tears are acid, but today, they felt really, really good. It is easy and natural for me to be there for others and out of experience, easy for me to feel terrified of opening up at these times. But I was more afraid of blood on my arms than blood in my heart, so I chanced it.

Thank you all from the whole of my heart for catching me, holding me, accepting me, and getting my back. Thank you for not deeming this a sympathy sneeze. I cherish your support. You're all so perfectly special.

love Salem/Mimilly

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

Mimilly,

You have already survived the earthquake, you can hang in through the aftershock. You may not feel very strong right now, but belive me lady, you are.

BobsGirl

"May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition." - Mahatma Gandhi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit