Why a Faithful and discreet slave???

by Crazyguy 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SAHS
    SAHS

To “Londo111”: That YouTube video “Who Is the Faithful Slave?” really clarifies things, and it shows how a group of men who call themselves the “Governing Body” can take something so simple and logical and spin it into their own little web of power and control. The authority behind the Watchtower’s empire (corporation) has been “produced” in the same manner as someone pulls a quarter out of their kid’s ear – i.e., it’s all a trick! (And a rather lame one at that.)

• Londo111
    Londo111

Thank you. I hope it will help some searching JWs out there to reason on this matter.

The question, "Who then is the Faithful Slave?" becomes a thought-stopping technique, or a loyalty test, under the Watchtower, but this misuse is certainly far from Biblical.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Why would anyone condone the practice of slavery?, by the use of the subject matter even in a parable?was it because it was a norm of that era. Why didn't jesus condemn slavery? Was man supposedly not created to have free will. Surely to be a slave would be contrary to gods plan. And yet the J.W. / GB model themselves on the position as a slave . Why would that be something to be proud of, slaves have always been seen as , lowly , not worthy, under achievers. HEH THAT DESCRIBES THEM TO A TEE !!!.

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

Londo111

I agree with you 100 %. You have the truth!

(Poor JWs who got it wrongly even after reading the Bible daily from 1876)

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

clarity

My history is not anything special, I was with JWs for some time. I thought I will wait till 2014—100 years from 1914, hence will say goodbye. Hence I am here.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Welcome to JWN, exWTSlave!

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

How does the Watchtower-Governing Body serve the Brothers? How many feet have the Eight Apostles washed, how many poor have the feed like the Apostles and Stephen who was put over taking care of the widows and orphans? The GB want to receive, they don't give and are nothing more than a bunch of Mooches!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Because someone in the congregation has to teach others in the congregation. The faithful and discreet slaves are merely anyone that teaches the other slaves, ie, anyone Christian who teaches other Christians, as opposed to teaching non-Christians to convert them.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Why? Because they need a verse to justify what they do and what they are.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Why would anyone condone the practice of slavery? by the use of the subject matter even in a parable?

It's a good point. IMO this is one of the main indicators that Jesus was nothing more than a common man - his knowledge did not transcend the place and time he lived in. Yes he prophecized about the future, but still within the scope of what was accepted back then.

Other disturbing details are for example, his references to "the great flood" when we know today that it is completely illogical and impossible that it happened. Also his reference to Adam and Eve which has been pretty much been disproven by modern studies on geneology. He accepted those, because for all intents and purposes, he didn't know any better.

Slavery was normal and acceptable to him, because during the 33 years he lived, that's all he knew and saw. There were no thousands of years of existence to give him the insight and knowledge that perhaps slavery was not compatible with human decency and acceptable way of life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit