Why doesn't Jehovah just destroy Satan and the demons then leave humanity alone?

by yadda yadda 2 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Did you ever wonder that as a JW?

If all the trouble on this planet is down to Satan and the demons, why not just get rid of them and then leave humankind alone and see how we go from there?

Wouldn't a God who "is love" (1 John 4:8) full of mercy and justice at least try that first? wouldn't that be a sensible plan A?

Why the need to abyss Satan and the demons and also slaughter 99% of the human race at Armageddon at the same time?

Eve was deceived, she was naive. All her offspring were then born imperfect, doomed to die. It's not the human races fault - we are all born into sin and death! We only live 80-90 years then croak. We're pathetic, and you're soon going to exterminate us all for eternity?

Come on Jehovah, give us a break!

• KateWild
    KateWild

Did you ever wonder that as a JW?-yadda

I always wondered, why after 1000 yrs Satan could come back again for "a little while". I thought all of us know Satans way of ruling is bad, lets just live in peace. I hated the thought of after 1000 yrs the world would just be as bad as it is now. It just never made sense to me

Kate xx

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Exactly Kate. xx

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Yes Yadda Yadda another genocide by the CREATOR...anyway its all Adams fault he should have eaten from the " tree of life" before he ate from the " tree of knowledge" Oh actually its Gods fault for creating Adam with out the intelligence to think of that...ect ect ect

• Syme
    Syme

That problem (the existence of evil) is a problem for all religions, not just WTS.

As Epicurus had said:

Why God doesn't destroy evil?

If he wants but cannot, then he is not almighty.

If he can but does not want, then he is not benevolent.

If neither does he want nor can, then why call him God?

The official doctrine of the Watchtower is that God can destroy Satan but doesn't want to, for the time being (meaning, for the past 6,000 years). So, how can he be benevolent?

• galaxie
    galaxie

Perhaps this all seeing, all knowing ' god 'actually gets a kick out of watching his oh so inferior subjects suffer. After all the loving aspect of god I.M.O was dreamed up by men who could then blame the nasty bits on the poor fallen angel who didn't stand a chance as god introduced 'sin ' to him anyway How do we know 'god' didn't engineer the whole thing, after all he's had plenty time to rectify the mess... and he still aint doing it folks.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I always wondered if god was so great why he subjected the victims of satan to pain and misery.

If god was so great he would have immediately dealt with it in a better way rather than all the killing and torture that ensued. Even the bit where Jesus had to die as a sacrifice of blood.

God is either a supreme weirdo or doesn't exist!

• cantleave
    cantleave

"A little while" - what the hell would that mean. So far the millenial reign has been 100 years, is that a little while?

I am so glad it's all bullshit.

• galaxie
    galaxie

A little while .I remember them ,'the JWs', saying it was the time in which god took to create eve was the gap. Specifically they put that gap down to months then changed it because the big A hadn't occured!!!....Its almost embarrassing to talk about, Oh why do I even bother??

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Why doesn't Jehovah just destroy Satan and the demons then leave humanity alone?

Because out of those mentioned only humanity exists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit