Can I get your thoughts on this letter, please?

by Deleted 13 Replies latest jw friends

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

More then likely one or more of those letters will end up in the hands of the elders and you'll be booted for being an apostate.

-Rick

• Sirona
    Sirona

Glen,

I would shorten it considerably and take out the phrases that are condemning the society outright. e.g.

Dear Kevin, Rhonda & Family

I have tried to write this letter hundreds of times.

I'd like to apologize for leaving so abruptly. I felt I had to, before I said something that I was going to regret. Somehow I thought if I wasn't DF'd or DA'd it would mean something.

What I do want to do is to let you know that I have been thinking about you almost every day for 3 years.

Having discovered some things that I just cannot ignore about the Watchtower society, it has been so difficult to respect the congregation and individual witnesses by not voicing my concerns. Now it seems that the media will be bringing out some of the Watchtower secrets. There will be a Dateline article on covering-up child molestation charges among a number of congregations in the US. Apparently (and unbelievably) the Society has records of 23,720 cases on file. This article is due soon since the four active (at that time) witnesses interviewed are about to be disfellowshipped.

The backlash of this article will make things difficult for you when you are out in service, and it really seems grossly unfair for the watchtower not to prepare you for this.

Secondly, I have been haunted by something Brother Kirkendoll said to me some time back. He said that he had heard from a long-time brother at Bethel that the congregations couldn't handle the truths yet to be told. I wondered what they were and I am afraid I have found them.

If you want to check this out for yourself start with www.freeminds.org and work your way around a very extensive network of Watchtower quotes and essays. I am not going to bombard you with things that you may not want to hear, but I think you deserve to know the truth about the Watchtower. After that, you can make an INFORMED decision about whether you will stay.

And I am always here, if you'd like to talk about it.

My love always,

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Dungbeetle's advice is very good IMO.

If these people mean something to you, I think that will be conveyed by the simple manner she has proposed. I would carefully consider everything she said in her post. You will burn your bridges really fast with the letter you have written and success is probably slim to none.

Path

• Deleted
    Deleted

Many Thanks, everyone!

I am going to go with the short and sweet postcard. I'll let y'all know if I get df'd. 8-]

Peace

Glen who once was Deleted.

All along, the Watchtower
    Told a pack of lies
    Breaking hearts and promises
    Wasting so much time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit