Elder and i discussed beards, and got into rules and regulations

by Jon Preston 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

This man just lost his privileges at the kingdom hall.

• Gopher
    Gopher

JF Rutherford didn't like beards - perhaps he wanted to break off from CT Russell's aura.

In any case he made certain that his WT society made guidelines against beards. The guidelines have been part of JW culture for so long, that they're surely a tradition instead of anything based on the Bible. Meaningless religious traditions, strictly enforced, are surely the domain of Pharisees.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I think it's a hangover from the old days when witnesses classed themselves as an army fighting the good fight. Men all look the same (except for officers), acted the same, obedient, women were pushed down etc.

Now with their post '75 "kinder gentler" image they are having difficulty explaining the old outdated rules.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Their evil, I had posion oak for three months so my hair grew everywhere around my face. Rumors spread "Riley is weak", "Riley lost his priveldges", instead because my facial hair grew from doctors orders, the Congregation spoke wicked gossip about me!

• freddo
    freddo

A "Co-ordinator" in a nearby circuit has a beard and several elders in our circuit do too. (UK) Not many mind but at least a handful. Mind you we don't see them on the assembly programs. My theory is that a lot of the ones who want to be seen on the platform at assemblies won't grow a beard because they love the platform too much so usually it is only the background elders that will grow a beard.

• RunAsFastAsYouCan
    RunAsFastAsYouCan

>> Meaningless religious traditions, <<<

This entire POS cult is based on that.

• TD
    TD
    JF Rutherford didn't like beards - perhaps he wanted to break off from CT Russell's aura.

Beards went out of fashion when servicemen returned by the thousands from WWI, so Rutherford (Although wrong) was not completely out of step with American culture at the time. JW's are completely out of step with culture now.

Meaningless religious traditions, strictly enforced, are surely the domain of Pharisees.

G-d, I wish you people would quit saying that.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit