Remember what they said at the assembly today...

by lrkr 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

There were a lot laughs in the foreign language field. Used to love teaching the english speaking bros (mostly elders) phrases..

e.g. I like to eat crap.. or..I like naked men..things like that....Trying to hold a straight face was impossible. It got me in a bit of trouble.

I got removed several times...some of them dudes wouldn't let it go....The over serious ones would always be squinting there eyes

everytime they saw me at assembly or something..Some were ok with it..they enjoyed the show..

insot4

• kaik
    kaik

I was on several international assemblies, the biggest one was in Prague - Strahov in 1990, which attracted about 115,000 people. I do not remember anything from it, except that they had mass baptism, and a complain from elders that we were associating with foreigner brothers without approval. But I do not remember single spiritual food talked there for three days.

• stillin
    stillin

We often get something from good friends about the upcoming assembly. Theirs is usually before ours. Every year he says that it's the best one yet. Every year he says something along the lines of the demonstrations are spot on connected with what's truly going on in everyday living.

I like this brother and I watch for the "great points" that he whets my appetite about. But they never come.

of course, it's my fault for fading. If I were spiritual in a Borg kind of way, I would have banquetted with the other zombies.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Spiritual feast...blah blah...obey the slave...blah blah...Jehovah's organization...blah blah blah...guilt...blah blah blah...do more...blah blah.

Many words are used to say so little.

It's no wonder that the mind shuts off and when asked to recall what was said, you realize you have been overtaken by 'dubnesia'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpHPnPkM_Tk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit