Remember what they said at the assembly today...

by lrkr 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lrkr
    lrkr

So, the wife and I are reminiscing today about how when you would leave an assembly- you would struggle to remember just one interesting point. Usually- you had to look at your notes or the program to just remember 1 thing that struck you. All day of talking and less than :30 seconds of information retained!!!

Wife said- "It was brainwashing- just very poor quality brainwashing!!"

Was that your experience? Was it just because we were in a foreign language field where the non-native speakers were just ghastly??

• Shador
    Shador

Personally I don't pay one bit of attention at all. But it makes for great day-long naps.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Once you look behind the curtain, it's never quite the same.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, lrkr:

Could you please explain the following. I was many years in the foreign field.

Was it just because we were in a foreign language field where the non-native speakers were just ghastly??

Thanks! (highlighted material: speakers did a poor job because they were not adept in their adopted tongue?!?!?)

CoCo

• prologos
    prologos

not at assemblies, but the experience was that people would pay more attention to novices to their language, rather than the super= polished flow.

at ass-emblies, often what was remebered was a striking or 'strike-out' illustration. the pictures. If you could stay awake.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

the average attention span of an adult is 20 minutes. The assemblies are like 8 hours long of just sitting and listening so it's no surprise that there's a struggle to remember interesting points. I tend to forget a lot of the things said. Plus my mind starts wandering off after just sitting there for hours listening to some guy talk for so long. And don't forget about post-lunch time, that's where sleepiness starts sneaking in.

• smiddy
    smiddy

it's no surprise that there's a struggle to remember interesting points.

Their are interesting points made at assemblies ? LOL I couldnt resist that A.p

smiddy

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And let's not forget the mandatory deficit during the afternoon of the final day of the session. Along with the pleas to get more money from the congregation, including payment by credit card.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The Milton method?

I used to look over my notes after an a$$embĀ£y and could never find anything interesting in them. Just random guilt trips about not doing enough door knocking.

.....now of course no tight trousers either!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

At one time International Assemblies were 8 days long from morning to night,

you think you heard repetitive continuous propaganda today.

Assemblies are just events designed to turn up the pressing commercialization of the WTS. products,

propaganda mixed with fear, ignorance and guilt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit