Homosexuality, the GB and the Bible

by Oubliette 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Anthony Morris is a homophobe. The so-called apostle Paul was a homophobe. The whole LIE-ble is homophobic.

And that is not just homophobia, either. They are pro-slavery. They bash women and relegate them to second class status or worse. They regulate sex in ways that inhibit fun. They are pro-giving everything you have to the group--communism, anyone? They do not object to torturing people for not believing their rubbish.

• im stuck in
    im stuck in

The governing body are no better than most other religions. They are rotten to the core. The issue goes back to N H Knorr whoi was always obsedssed with masturbation and homosexuality. This is another thing that they use to keep people in fear. I am no longer bound by theur dogma.I am a Gay man I have been all of my life. I thought as a young JW that God would take the desire away. Ge never did. I feel horrible that I married a pioneer sister and that I ruined her life because all of my married years I could never pray myself straight. I am firm in my beleif that it is genetic.

I am not a thief, murderer I am a lover of people and have no desire to hurt anyone. And they use Levitucus 18 as proof and if they followed all written in that book they would rightly so be in jail. You not pick and choose from Gods word.

• designs
    designs

Look back in christian history to persons like Augustine, who mutilated himself over his sexual feelings, and you realize that christianity is and always has been an unhealthy enviroment for human development.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Psychological projection was conceptualized by Sigmund Freud (6 May 1856 – 23 September 1939) in the 1900s as a defense mechanism in which a person unconsciously rejects his or her own unacceptable attributes by ascribing them to objects or persons in the outside world. [1] For example, a person who is rude may accuse other people of being rude.

Although rooted in early developmental stages, [2] and classed by George Eman Vaillant as an immature defence, [3] the projection of one's negative qualities onto others on a small scale is nevertheless a common process in everyday life. [4]

http://english.pravda.ru/world/europe/03-07-2013/125015-vatican_gay-0/

Homosexual shadow of the Vatican

03.07.2013 Homosexual shadow of the Vatican. 50497.jpeg

Rumors about the existence of homosexual lobby in the Vatican have been circulating for a long time. Analysts believe that a 300-page secret report of the Cardinals that, among other things, discussed sex and corruption among the high priests of the Roman Curia contributed to the abdication of Pope Benedict XVI. The presence of perverts at the Chair of St. Peter seems to be confirmed by the current Holy Father. What should we think about it in light of the reform of the Roman Catholic Church conceived by Francis?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Oubliette:

Why do the GB give such disproportionate attention to this subject?

I dont' think this is so strange. Gay marriage is in the news now. It makes sense the GB would be preparing more material on it.

As far as I can determine, Jesus never said a single thing in reference to homosexuality. My recollection is that there are only half a dozen scriptures in the entire bible on the subject and they are either in the OT or written by Paul. Either way, six or seven verses about homosexuality out of over 30,000 verses on a wide range of other subjects gives us pause to consider:

I am not sure I understand this line of reasoning. Should Chirstians disregard the words of Paul? If so, what is to prevent them from disregarding Paul completely? Should the Bible be reduced to the gospel books? What of biblical inerrancy?

MMM

• designs
    designs

MMM- Paul's uncomfortable around gays but gets his balls shaved in a homo-erotic religious ceremony....go figure :D

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@designs: " MMM- Paul's uncomfortable around gays but gets his balls shaved in a homo-erotic religious ceremony....go figure :D"

ooookkkk? I didn't read 2 RomanBaths 1:34 .... where Paul shaves his balls... or gets them shaved...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Paul was a Pharasee, homophobe, selfcentered, arrogant, opinonated, and delusional. Paul turned his own version of Christ into an organized structure that deviated from the teaching of Christ in the gospels.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@frankiespeakin:

Paul was a homophobe, selfcentered, arrogant, opinonated, and delusional.

How do you define "homophobe"?

MMM

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/homophobe

ho·mo·pho·bi·a (hō′mə-fō′bē-ə)

n. 1. Fear of or contempt for lesbians and gay men. 2. Behavior based on such a feeling.

This Tube for you AMIII:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WZ7oDEhki_s

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit