Oh My God!!

by ABibleStudent 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

A former colleague, highly annoying, took it upon herself to respect her superiors only, and that was a short list. She got it in her head that I was some sort of peon and she also got my name wrong. (At that point I was a manager). As you all know, my name is Jgnat (Jay-nat). She insisted on calling me "Karen". No amount of correction helped, as I obviously didn't matter.

She was introducing a new employee and decided to call me over, "Karen". I kept on walking. "KAREN". Walking. "KAREN!!" Walked around the corner. Oh, well, she would have to introduce me another day. Heh heh.

Another annoying habit was that she would step in to my space to talk. We're talking six inches nose to nose. No amount of backing up did the trick because she would step forward. A friend pointed out if I wanted to reclaim my space, I'd have to step forward. Anyways, she's long gone.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Thats why it pays to be very careful before you take the full plunge in getting baptizing in this religion,

if you aren't baptised and just fade out, they will talk to you with some reservation,

but if you are Dfed they will spread that around like wild fire and the ones who hear about will take an

abrupt " I Will Not Talk to You " presence when you bump into them.

For example I was brought up in this faith from birth, did service, talks etc. but was never baptized

just slowly faded with no fan fare. I don't have any problem talking to any JWS family or otherwise

because of that one single element I was never Dunked.

• mzmmom
    mzmmom

Hopefully she will be free one day, and you will be there for her. One of my dearest friends finally left a couple of years ago, and it was truly one of the happiest days of my life when she found me on Facebook. It does make me sad that we missed so many years of friendship, though.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

@ jgnat, Are you suggesting that I do not say hi to my former friend? If I were to stalk my former friend, which I will NOT DO, my former friend should probably ignor me and call the police. On two previous occasions near my home, my former friend either did ignor me or changed her mind about ignoring me. Once I was sitting on a bench in an open space across the street from my home, she was walking by, I said hi, she said nothing, and then started to almost run away. Several months later I was walking to the open space with my dog and saw her get out of her car to go for a walk. She saw me, she thought about continuing to go for her walk, but instead decided to walk towards me and walk and talk with me. I will be as nice as possible to JWs to screw with their cult persona to help their authentic persona to overcome their cult persona.

@ Finkelstein, The situation with my former friend was complicated for her, because she had very strong emotional feelings for me, divorced, was not free to remarry, and I was never baptised by the WTBTS. At her insistance I did study with an elder first and then a "Brother" later. I know from talking with my former friend that the elder said to stop seeing me, because I would never be "One of Jehovah's sheep" (non-thinking). About 10 months later after returning to S. CA., I started a "Bible Study" (indoctrination sessions) with a "Brother" at the insistance of my former friend. I specifically told my friend that I was willing to study the Bible with the "Brother", but did not want to study the Bible using the "What does the Bible really Teach" booklet as the elder insisted on doing. The "Brother" tried to indoctrinate me by cherry-picking scriptures to justify WTBTS doctines from the get go instead of studying the Bible. The "Brother" left after the second "Bible Study" (indoctrination session) and never returned, because I was not patient enough, skilled enough, nor knew about Steve Hassan's BITE model to help him see TTATT. I am more patient, knowledgeable, and skilled now than I was.

@ mzmmom, I do not feel that my former friend and I will ever be friends again. Even if she sees TTATT, we would both have to be single to be friends. If I am married, I do not feel that any wife would trust her husband having an emotional and non-physical relationship with another woman. I have moved on. I would happy if her authentic persona was able to overcome her cult persona so that she would no longer be victimized by the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• losingit
    losingit

Robert,

She sounds like she was your girlfriend. You liked her enough to study and she liked you enough to ask you to please study. Well, I guess it's a good thing that you moved on. Jws can be difficult as life partners.

• jgnat
    jgnat

@ jgnat, Are you suggesting that I do not say hi to my former friend? - ABibleStudent

Not at all. You were dealing with a jerk, I dealt with a jerk. The only difference is you highlighted her shunning, while I highlighted my nemesis' ignorance.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

talking with a trainer.

I imagined she was talking to his sneaker.

You can only be true to yourself Robert. If you are inclined to say 'hi!' to this bird then, sure, why not....go for it.One day she might leave the delusion and be glad you did.

You just never know how life will twist and turn.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

@ losingit, How can a "Spiritually Strong" (non-thinking) JW, who is divorced and not free to remarry, and a single non-JW be in a romantic relationship? A Ménage à trois with a "Spiritually Strong" (non-thinking) JW, non-JW, and the WTBTS is not my idea of fun nor a romantic relationship. Of course, my former friend's authentic persona and I did want to become involved with each other initially.

@ jgnat, I agree with you that my former friend's cult persona can be a jerk, and at the same time I feel that my former friend's authentic persona is battling with her cult persona to find balance and happiness in her life. I'm glad that I read Steve Hassan's books, because it helped me to understand better what my friend is experiencing and not to feel frustration and anger at my former friend.

@ punkofnice, You are right that life is full of twists and turns!! If I did not like the authentic persona of my former friend, I would not have wasted my breath saying hi to her. Since I like to screw with cult personas of JWs, it makes no sense to be nice to them if their cult and authentic persona's are a$$ess. Life is precious and I'm glad that you realized that the WTBTS was wasting your life before it was too late.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• heathen
    heathen

I thought joining a gym was ,"worldly", they would treat me like I had leprosy after I told them I enjoyed going to the gym , by that standard going jogging and wearing sweats is worldly . In dub land you need to wear a suite and tie every time you are in public and always have your bible ready to defend your faith ...My rebuttal to it was the doctors say 20 minutes of excercise a day is healthy and can keep you out of the doctors office , anyway they also looked at the fact I never gave them any money and sure they would rather the money than see me healthy .

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks for your experience Robert,

It helps me move on with more confidence. I am sorry you gor treated so appaulingly, but the way you are coping with it is a good example. Like punky said she might leave one day and remember how nice you are, and how you were trying to stay in touch.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit