Oh My God!!

by ABibleStudent 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Yesterday after an awesome workout at the gym I was walking to the front door and I saw my former friend who is a "Spiritually Strong" (non-thinking) JW walking towards me talking with a trainer. I thought she was either there on a job interview or was taking a tour of the facilities before joining.

I thought should I say hi, should I say nothing, would she acknowledge me, etc. I decided to say hi to make sure that she remembered that I am a member of this gym, so that she would not feel uncomfortable it she accepted a job there or joined it.

The gym is about 20 miles from where she lived when I was friends with her, but is in a convenient location between where she was living and where she works.

I said "Hi N" about five feet before me, No response.

I said "Hi N" a little louder about five feet after they passed me. No response.

I shouted "Hi N" about 15 feet after they passed me, and the trainer turned around and said did I want to speak with her. I said no I just wanted to say hi. She said, "Oh my God!!" I said "Hi N" and turned around and walked out of the gym. It was weird how the trainer was more polite than my former friend.

I hope that she doesn't join my gym or accept employment there, because she still looks very beautiful to me.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Honesty
    Honesty

Her cognitive dissonance must have been driving her crazy for her to say, "Oh My God!"

The poor JW's are conflicted when they run into a former JW because the human side of them wants to say Hi and talk but the cult side of warns them away becuase their sprituality might be damged if they are courteous.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

You did a fantastic job of rightfully embarrassing and shameful her for her rudeness and disgraceful lack of common human courtesy. So much for being the only true loving religion who also love their "enemies". She has to be a very weak JW anyway to say "Oh my God!" in public, very odd for JW's to use that expression at any time.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

@ Honesty - Although my former friend tried very hard to encourage me to be a JW, I was never a JW. Too many red flags (e.g., like cherry-picking scriptures and my former friend being afraid to socialize with elders) made me do more independent research.

@ yadda yadda 2 - After reading Steve Hassan's CCMC, he nailed every trait of my former friend such as having a cult persona and an authentic persona. Reading Steve Hassan's CCMC, made it easier for me to be more forgiving of how JWs behave. The WTBTS's BITE control is a b_tch. My friend's authentic persona is very fun loving, care-free, and giving. By the way she did not say "Oh my God", she shouted it very loud where everyone in the gym could hear it.

Robert

• cult classic
    cult classic

JWs can be such a**es! I hope she doesn't join, but if she does, I would never speak to her again!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

OMG, indeed. You have to feel pity for these robots. "They know not what they do". Their brains belong to the Borg.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

@ cult classic - I know that it is difficult to seperate feelings for a JW when they have a cult persona and an authentic persona. The cult persona can definately act like an a$$. I believe that it is better to be kind to JWs because it will drive their cult persona crazy!

@ quellycatface - I don't feel pity towards JWs. I just want to be prepared to help JWs to critically think for themselves, so that fewer non-JWs will be trapped by the WTBTS. I have seen two too many Bible Students in FS stumbling to say the WTBTS's sales pitch.

Robert

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its just indoctrinated cult behavior Robert don't ever be surprised by it.

If she was a brainwashed Moonie, Scientologist, Mennonite, Amish etc.

they all have strict rules for associating with ex-members /opposers to their faith.

and they are purposely and intently put into the indoctrination process by these cults (JWS)

as an effort to maintain control over their select members.

They say its to protect the spirituality of the members, but in truthful reality its really

about protecting and maintain the power and control of the top leaders of the sect.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Abiblestudent...i know witnesses that are just incapable of shunning, so i dont hold with its the indoctrination. She is simply a person who is able to shun another. ( kind of sad as your posts reads that you were once close friends) ....

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

@ Finkelstein - How members of dangerous cults (like the WTBTS) behave does not surprise me, since they may have cult and authentic personas. I'm very glad that Steve Hassan was able to write about this phenomena in a sensitive manner, so that I was able to understand that my former friend could have a very beautiful and fun authentic persona and a cult persona that could behave like an A$$. Otherwise, I would wonder if my former friend had some type of psychological disorder. I believe that it is better to be nice to JWs to screw with their cult persona, and hopefully help their authentic persona to become stronger instead of being an A$$ myself.

@ new hope and happiness - My former friend has a DF'ed son, who she loves more than the WTBTS and did not shun. I hope that her authentic persona is able to continue to control her cult persona, so that she does not shun her son. The WTBTS's BITE control is very powerful, so it is understandable that her authentic and cult personas are constantly battling to control her actions.

Although I feel that we were very close for a short time, how close can a JW be with another person when they are constantly battling between their cult and authentic personas? Does spontaneously dancing to music at a Sharkey's Mexican Restaurant while other patrons are watching, mean that we were close? Or would my former friend have to discard her beliefs and dreams of paradise, and be shunned by her family to count as being close? BTW my former friend's mother DOES shun my former friend's son.

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit