Don't Question GOD! (aka the governing body)

by sunny23 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Zoos
    Zoos

marked

• cha ching
    cha ching

Please help me here....

When "they" say: "the faithful slave is not appointed over Christ's belongings, and won't be for the forseeable future."

Are "they" just trying to be tricky and confusing?

Translation: "the faithful slave is not appointed over Christ's belongings," "but the Governing Body is"?????

Is that what they are inferring, and holding it for future use?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

cha ching: If you read Matt 24:45-47 you'll notice there are 2 appointments of the FDS. The new teaching is that the FDS are the spiritual leaders of the Watchtower Society at any given time who prepare and distribute all the spiritual 'food' and that the first appointment of this group occurred in 1919 but the second has not yet occurred.

“Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics [FIRST APPOINTMENT IN 1919], to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on coming finds him doing so! 47 Truly I say to you, he will appoint him over all his belongings [SECOND APPOINTMENT, IN THE FUTURE].

"“The faithful and discreet slave” was appointed over Jesus’ domestics in 1919. That slave is the small, composite group of anointed brothers serving at world headquarters during Christ’s presence who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food. When this group work together as the Governing Body, they act as “the faithful and discreet slave.”" jw.org 10th Nov 2012

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

DATA-DOG: well said!

Your post reminded me of this thread on the subject I started when the "Nu-Lite" about the FDS came out:

You are so right: It's a cult!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

What I don't understand about this new light is they that say the appointment over all Jesus' belongings in the future will be the reward of all of the 144,000 not just the GB, yet the new light say the FDS did not exist until 1919 and it only stands for the collective spiritual leaders at Watchtower headquarters.

How can all of the 144,000 share in the future heavenly appointment over all the 'belongings' when according to the new light 99.9% of them are not members of the FDS? Jesus said the appointment is only for the FDS.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Thx yadayada..... Altho I do understand (the deceitful, twisted, head hurting message of the WT) when YOU explain it...

Listening to the WT makes my head hurt.

All I can say is "OMG"!!!

The WTBS are like quick change artists...

"The quick-change artist will attempt to get two or three transactions ahead of you so you forget how much change is actually needed," he said. "They'll take as much as they can get. It's like a game."

They confuse you by the abundance of words.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

JW's don't need to understand it, they just need to be ready to OBEY, no matter what kind of lifesaving instructions they receive.

They want them confused and scared, afraid to turn anywhere else... Where else can they go?

Your relationship with Jehovah depends on the faithful and discreet slave. What else needs explaining?

Just drink, swallow, and then raise your hand to repeat it back into the microphone.

Awareness leads to independent thinking, which is not allowed. OBEY and be blessed. DISOBEY or even murmur, and be dead.

• LogCon
    LogCon

m

• cha ching
    cha ching

Haha Faithful Witness! That makes it simple...

JW's don't need to understand it, they just need to be ready to OBEY

• 88JM
    88JM

What does the GB need with a star-ship?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit