better to stay in or get out

by Crazyguy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Crazyguy, DO NOT play by the WTBTS's rules, because the game is rigged!!!

Find some non-JWs who you can talk about your feelings with (or vent on JWN) while you fade. Continue to plant seeds of doubt and help your JW family members to critically think for themselves. Go out and meet more non-JWs who you, your wife, and kids share common interests. Go out and have fun with your family. If you still believe in God, help your family to see how the Pharisees and Sadducees used BITE control techniques to victimize JWs and how Jesus Christ felt about them - DO NOT draw parallels to the WTBTS.

The WTBTS is the WTBTS's worst enemy, so give your family time to see the hipocrisy of the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• flipper
    flipper

Another thing after re-reading your thread- due to putting in your 'letter " of dissassociating- the " cows are already out of the barn " so to speak, your cards are exposed on the table now which limits your options. You WILL be perceived and judged by elders, any C.O. as a misfit due to what you wrote. So if that ends up being the case - your option to fade and let your wife still hang with you or support you is probably not going to happen if she's a "fanatic" or " faithful " Witness . Then keeping your connection with your children in order to help them also becomes a " survival mode " operation for you. So yes indeed, you have some decisions to make for sure. Hang in there bud. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Every circumstance is different. In general, I faded because I wanted to keep contact with adult family. If I had kids, I probably I would have DA'ed and let them know they can have a choice with Dad- birthdays, holidays, ordinary interactions with 'worldly' kids, aim for college, enjoy weekends.

There is some merit to slowly influencing them, but I I wouldn't want to drag them along for years to get there.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It boggles me that resignations, "stepping down", and DA letters like this are routinely ignored by elders. There's a simple solution to their inaction. If they keep putting you on the speaker's list or whatever it is called after you have resigned, simply don't go. Let them scramble to fill the gap. You gave fair warning.

Similarly after submitting the DA letter. The conversation is over. Make it over.

• jamclark
    jamclark

A controled fading seems best even with that letter. Get the letter back if you can then let your actions help guide the conscience of others you can affect.

The key is to ensure your new direction is more true than the watered down JWorg doctrine as many will ask, "What is better than this truth?" That and know the track record of all the changing doctrine and talk about that with your family and friends. That is my next step since I faded (but was not baptized nor have family members in the JWorg).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit