Avoid or call them back?

by Angus Beef 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Keep avoiding. I didn't answer two text requests for my time and here we are 7 months later with no one has bothering us.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Another one here saying avoid. Of what concern is it to them!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I also say avoid. Lay low.

If your daughter is baptized and there are two witnesses to her "dating" a worldly man, expect that she will be "marked" via a Local Needs part on the Service Meeting.

With the new "brazen conduct" class of things, I'm not sure if any further action can be taken for dating a person "of the world".

Anyone still serving as elder know about that?

Doc

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

DesirousOfChange

When I was and elder a few years back, and was starting to fade, I raised the question to fellow elders" Why is smoking a df'ing matter? Nothing in Bible actually prohibits smoking! Yet when a baptized jw marries an unbeliever it's not a df'ing matter even thaough the Bible is very specific about that?

Just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Avoid. We have had phone calls and a few stop by to visit but we never answer the phone or the door. We never just open our door to anyone now and always look to see who it is. I won't play their games and they have no control over my life. At this point I could care less what they do because we are making a new life without them.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I think everyone has made it pretty clear that you should avoid the elders, they are not your friends.

You may enjoy this thread regarding re-establishing appropriate boundaries:

• Angus Beef
    Angus Beef

Thank you for the reassurance. This has been very hard. Esp with family still in. We've decide to avoid any phone numbers we don't recognize and keep the door shut during the day. I keep it open because the sun shines thru and really warms up the livingroom. anyway... we've already had one jw friend visit us last weekend, we figured they only do this to finish up the last 30 mins of FS. ha! Hoping to avoid that from now on...

We're planning on moving in the next year to relocate for my husband's work. I know that will give us some relief but until then, its the game of duck and dive... told daughter to just pay attention at work, because if they can find you they'll try to talk to you. They have already tried visiting my husband at his place of work. I'm livid! I stay at home, and now keep my doors locked. This is crazy~! I shouldnt' and my family shouldn't have to live like this because we're done with JWs & org.

Thanks again for the support. You will never know how much coming here and venting, asking or just reading has helped~

Hugs to all~! AB

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Sounds like you have a good plan in place. Sorry you have to go to such lengths, but they will probably taper off soon if you avoid them.

I can't believe they went to your husbands work! Some people need lives! If they docatch you, make sure you are late for something, or just too busy right now.

Enjoy your weekend!

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Hello Angus Beef, It's never easy, but you will get through it. Just keep to your plan. It gets easier as long as you don't engage them. Eventually, they will stop coming. Hugs to you, 4thgen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit