I want to send a follow-up question to my sister who has recently cut me off

by Faithful Witness 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

This thread is so sad and a testament to how the JW religion breaks up families left and right. Any JW who prefers to shun blood relatives and chooses to go to their grave not speaking to them is the sorriest individual I can imagine!

I am sorry for any ex-JW who is faced with this ugly reality of not seeing loved ones ever again: not seeing children, grandchildren and even not being informed when somebody dies (parent, grandparents).

I can only hope this evil religion is soon decimated by the divine punishment it is wishing on everybody else!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My sister cut off all contact with me when I became severely ill. It had nothing to do with the Witnesses. Altho we talk now, we don't really talk. I cannot trust her. She moved to another state with her boyfriend. Throughout my illness, I was near death many times. No exaggeration. As the procedures became more intrusive and larger hospitals became involved, i kept hoping she would change her mind.

My regret is not searching her down and confronting her. Through the years I've wondered what was so evil about me that she could not stay in touch. Nothing. No birthday. No Christmas. I met other patients with similar problems. My pain was agonizing. Not seeing her out of fear diid save me pain. My mother never told me why. She acted as tho my sister's behavior was normal.

My sister is weird. Strangers were kinder. I am not aware of papal injunctions to abandon very ill sisters. Yes, I definitely would hunt her down. Hopefully, I would demand an explanation but maintain an elegant composure. One of the reasons I did not go was fear of losing my temper.

Words are stiff. They are open to misinterpretation. The problem is that now you may be stalking her. My brother also just ran away into a cult. I ran into him by accident on the NYC subway. Looking someone in the eye gives you information.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Any JW who prefers to shun blood relatives and chooses to go to their grave not speaking to them is the sorriest individual I can imagine! - LongHairGal

I've said this before but the only thing I got wrong in those questions for baptism when I was fifteen was the one about disfellowshipping. The elder kept trying to get me to see that it was done out of love for the person but all I could see was punishment. Plus I agree with you Faithfull Witness they do wear their 'shunning badges' as proof that they are good people. This religion turns love into hate, good into bad. I hope things turn out well with your sister eventually FW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit