Re: Use of revised New World Translation

by pixel 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Can we connect a couple of dots on this subject?

♦Link to Court Documents♦ Court Case Website- https://bit.ly/3IOX7f9 Index # 523464/2021 King's Supreme Court
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vQ8RPLaeE8

• Earnest
    Earnest

What is Andrew Thomson (the plaintiff) on about in the video above? He wants :

(1) the Watchtower to restore the 1984 NWT Committee's signature in the hard copy to its 1984 online version;

2) the Watchtower to change its 2013 title from the NW Translation to the NW English Revision;

(3) the Watchtower to change the title of the authors of the 2013 NWT from the NWT Committee to the NW English Revision Committee;

(4) that he be awarded nominal damages of $1.00 relative to the $40.00 that he paid to Watchtower for the 1984 NWT.

Connecting the dots leads me to concur with the Supreme Court that the complaint was patently devoid of merit, and to conclude he is a nutter.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I viewed the video concerning Andrew Thomson's complaint and I think it is frivolous.

He wrote an article in which he referenced the NWT as his primary Bible translation and the article was rejected. One reason for the rejection was the editor's statement that the NWT translators lacked credentials. So Thomson claims he lost income due to the NWT and the WT not publishing the credentials of the translators.

Seems silly to me.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Earnest...from a report by NBC news:

Since their founding by Christian traveling businessmen in 1899, Gideons have distributed more than 1.6 billion Bibles to 193 countries in more than 90 languages.

• Earnest
    Earnest

Thanks for reminding me about the Gideons, tenyearsafter. They are well known for Bible distribution and their website says they have placed and distributed more than 2 billion Bibles and New Testaments around the world.

But unlike the Watchtower Society they do not have their own translation, but use the KIng James Version, the New King James Version, the English Standard Version as well as existing translations in languages other than English. However, your point is well made that they are probably the largest Bible distributor overall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit