talked to wt. conductor about sundays study

by nowwhat? 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

How bloody wicked is that. I was told off for thinking too much. Don't you ever stop thinking, reading and reasoning. These people nearly crushed the life out of me and led me to the edge. They were illiterate and hated my uni education as they thought I might be Satanized. They wanted me Sanitized.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Got a bit hot headed there. I dislike people crushing each other.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Heartofaboy. ..........you showed quite a bit of courage there. I have two JW ladies trying to shepherd me at the moment. They seem to be quite nice, but they have that sort of .........blank look.......that frightens me so. I have said I would study the bible with them, but they are not willing to do this on it's own merit. They are so needy of their literature, that they can hardly get their thoughts together in a reasoning manner. They are stilted and unsure without their mags and books. They are starting to dislike me as well, when all I asked was that they share the bible with me. My daughter and husband have both died and I needed to search for some answers. I did not want a schedule of religious orders and credes.

Credit to you for standing up for yourself.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

i swear, everyone in our hall is in la-la land.

...and you would be correct. They are victims of thought reform, brainwashing, propaganda....call it what you will. They are stuck in their bubble. To burst the bubble would destroy their delusions and world.

I only wish ill on the governing body.

• stillin
    stillin

I actually raised my hand and commented on that same point. Hezekiah had emptied out the temple and the treasury of all of the gold and silver as a peace offering, yet the Assyrians were obviously determined to fight. When the Jews remained silent while Rabshakah taunted, they had realized that there was nothing left to discuss.

• Mum
    Mum

Warren Jeffs also teaches blind obedience to his FLDS patsies. It has resulted in child abuse, young men being thrown out/DF'd from the religiion so there are more teenage girls for the old men to "marry," endless anguish for women and girls, and, finally something good, a prison sentence for Warren Jeffs, "the Prophet." I have been watching some TV shows about people trying to escape that cult. My daughter turned to me the other evening and said, "See, Mom, you could have chosen an even worse cult."

Teaching obedience, particularly blind obedience, leaves people without the ability to make appropriate choices, without the ability to judge the greater good, co-dependent and weak. My motto is, "Enter into the joy of having no master."

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Never mind all that "thinking" or "context" or "refferences" or even "facts"......just listen, obey and be blessed!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Your wasting your time talking to a Elder. They all think they have been chosen by holyspirit so they will be all to loyal to the ORG......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit