talked to wt. conductor about sundays study

by nowwhat? 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

i said i was concerned that they painted hezekiah as this champion of righteousness and how the article omitted when he paid tribute to assaria by looting the temple when he got scared. and apparently he had an alliance with egypt, a pagan nation. he said i was getting boged down with other references and missing the point. which was- hezekiah showed OBEDIENCE and we are going to have to prove our OBEDIENCE to the faithful slave by listening to whatever, even though it may not make sense. so i said i dont think we are suposed to have blind obedience. we need to be like the bereans and examine the scriptures too. he gave me this look like one more word and we are going to library! so i ended it there. i swear, everyone in our hall is in la-la land.

• whathappened
    whathappened

You have a good head on your shoulders...keep using it.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Listen, Obey and Be Blessed! - It's a cult!

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Whenever anyone responds with something Dumb like "Don't dig too Deep" I Remember these Scriptures.

1 John 4:1

1 Thessalonians 5:21
    Galatians 1:8
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

hezekiah showed OBEDIENCE and we are going to have to prove our OBEDIENCE to the faithful slave by listening to whatever, even though it may not make sense.

I've decided to prove my OBEDIENCE to reality by completely ignoring anything and everything the WTBTS publishes from now to the end of eternity.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Just quote Psalms 146:3 to that elder and ask him if the Governing Body is excluded from that scripture?

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I was told by a posse of elders to basically stop all my research.. and I got an actual warning to NOT share what I found with any of the brothers or sisters in the congregation.

I told them that truth must be shared.. and then nailed them to the wall with a quiver of scriptures. i have not heard another word from them since.

The dishonesty of these people is just incredible.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Excelllent scriptures I must try to remember them when cornered.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Now what I would suggest you get out of la la land. You are obviously a thinking person. Best to use your reasoning to benefit the rest of your life and not waste it on la la la people. All the best to you.

• umbertoecho

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit