JW.org to be banned in Russia

by redvip2000 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Syme
    Syme

Classifying the JW religion as "extremist" may sound good; they are extremist, and we know it first hand.

But, please, remember that the Orthodox church in Russia is in pretty well standing. Now, ok, some of you may find joy in the fact that the cult that has enslaved you is being persecuted, but why leave the Orthodox in favor? Are they better?

I can't take the part of the Russian government in this, because the current government of Russia is a nationalistic, religious, exrtremely conservative government, with a president who plays the Tsar. If they want to be severe with the "snare and racket" of religion, they should do it with all religions. The greedy Orthodox priests are no better than jws to be treated like royalty.

• emeth
    emeth

@valkyrie @data-dog the banned 'extremist' literature (like for example 'What does the bible really teach' and 'My book with bible stories) is still available on the russian part of JW.ORG

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I am no fan of the Watchtower, but what is going on in Russia is scary. Putin is consolidating power, getting control of the media and opponents are being arrested, or just vanishing off the streets.

Given the power that Russia wields, nobody should cheer reports of amassing power and crushing of liberties

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Can it accessed from within Russian territory?

I saw something chilling on the front page of the New York Times. Some big protest in some country near Russia. The govt. was able to locate and sent texts to protestors, telling them it was keeping tabs on them.

I told some college students about what it was like to purchase banned books when I was a teen, which was not three hundred years ago. When I marched on D.C., I did not sign my name at a greeting book at the White House or State Department. Matters can reverse.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ok...so what does non-extremist JW.ORG look like? What's left??.......DATA-DOG

.........WBT$ GB Anthony Morris`s Promise of:

"If Your Loyal To The WBT$..Jehovah Will Give You.."

..........................."More Chickens!!"

......................... photo danchic.gif

.............................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• emeth
    emeth

@Banned on the Run - I can confirm that it can be accessed from within Russia and that all 'extremist labeled publications' can be downloaded.

check this link of the Russian ministry of Justice for a complete federal list of extremist literature (use google translate)

nr 510 on this is 'What does the bible really teach'

nr 518 on this is 'My book with bible stories'

http://minjust.ru/ru/extremist-materials?search=&page=2

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL @ OUTLAW!!

I think knowing what constitutes extemist literature is important. What "spiritual food" did Mother Russia take issue with? Also, Russian Jw.org may be undergoing changes as we speak. They courts probably granted the WTBTS some time.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Thanks Emeth. I just got Google to translate for me. I will read it asap.

• emeth
    emeth

you're welcome DD . This is only page 3 of the list with publications of the watchtower society on it. On other pages there is more . In total about 60 publications of the society are labeled as extremist.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Emeth -

@valkyrie @data-dog the banned 'extremist' literature (like for example 'What does the bible really teach' and 'My book with bible stories) is still available on the russian part of JW.ORG

So, the Watchtower representative in Russia actually lied to the appeals body?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit