I Am Home Today With A Lousy Back Ache

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

I can, but I'm not sure if it would help with your back pain.

• minimus
    minimus

Oh Mary....Lol

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I just got a great book on how to do your own therapy, it's called the trigger point therapy workbook. Trigger points are small tender areas in the body that hurt when pressure is applied. If you have back pain you probably have these points. If you can find them and deactivate them, it will help you a lot. I knew about them, but didn't know how many I had until I got this book. It shows you how to find them, what causes them and how to fix them. I have had knee issues for years, just finding that one spot did a lot to improve it without using any anti inflamatories.

To prevent lower back pain, I do a stretch each day, just bend over from the waist, all the way, and hang there for thirty seconds. I usually do this a the end of the day as well, especially if I have done any physical work.

• nugget
    nugget

I slipped over on some ice and bruised my lower back. I got some gel from the pharmacy which is powerful pain relief for bruises, sprains and strains.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I was helping my son move house a week ago and yes leaned out to lift a table without bending my knees...Wham! I've tried acupuncture acupressure seen the Dr and finally to the osteopath. Minor improvement. Looks like a disc issue as pain/numbness down the legs

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks for your comments, all.

I'm at work today but still sore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit