I Am Home Today With A Lousy Back Ache

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• arwen
    arwen

Muscle relaxants with a pain reliever in them.. over the counter or RX... also a chiropractor can work miracles sometimes.. Ice alternating with heat is also helpful.. my DH is a pharmacist.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Is there a good back ache? I'm confused. Get a muscle relaxant and crash. Use your "Phone a friend".

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Do not combine alcohol with pain killers. Bad juju for your liver.

Google "psoas stretches" and do them gently, as well as walking around to keep your muscles warm and loose. Ice frequently all day long, but make sure you don't freeze your skin!

• james_woods
    james_woods

My adopted cat hates you, Minimus.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I hurt my back a while ago. i had to do everything for it, as i needed it fixed fast. I could not bend over to pick up a pencil without shooting pain going over my hip. I read that it could be a slipped disk or a pulled butt.

I used Salonpas patches. You can't take any aspirin, blood thinners, etc. It has that in the patch. Only use the recommended patch number, or you'll get too much pain relief.

I slept in my recliner for two nights. My PT neighbor told me to do this. It helped wonders.

I did alot of stretching. Yoga. Cat, cobra, twists. Stretching of the spine. As much as I could, and careful not to overdo it. Google yoga for back pain.

Espom salt baths. Heating pad. I know, ice is what they say. But, I really wanted heat. Heat felt good.

In two days, I was 90% better.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

I like heat also when having a back pain issue. Try the hottest epsom salt bath that you can stand. Then if you have someone that can rub & crack your back, that will give you some relief. Use a heating pad when in bed.

• happy@last
    happy@last

I get back problems too, I use a good osteopath as nothing else works for me.

• minimus
    minimus

I tried posting here and I couldn't,,,,.. The meds have helped. I would say my pain level is about a 6. Still sore bug getting there

• Mary
    Mary
    any suggestions for some pain relief??

Percocet and red wine always works well.

Actually, if your back is out like that you should go to a registered massage therapist and/or an osteopath.

• minimus
    minimus

Mary, you can massage, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit