A Must Read! ... What Every Jehovah's Witness Needs To Know! [For Bible-Believers & Newbies Only]

by bjc2read 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

The following information has been posted especially for Bible-believers & "newbies" only...thanks!

I found this golden "nugget" surfing the net.

Someone made this astute observation shown at the link below, and I just wanted to share it with all concerned here, especially after JWs around the world just studied paragraph #17 of the Nov. 15th, 2013 issue of the Watchtower last Sunday.

Link: http://meletivivlon.com/2014/01/20/obey-jehovahs-shepherds-w13-1015-p-21/#comment-7711

"Jude" posted:

“Through his organization, Jehovah provides an abundance of spiritual food…”

Compare the above statement with this inspired statement:

“As regards anything besides these, my son, take a warning: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion [to them] is wearisome to the flesh.” – Ecclesiastes 12:12

The idea that Jehovah would inspire the writing of 66 books that are perfectly sound in doctrine without any errors only to turn around and require us to depend on a fallible organization with fallible explanations of the said perfect bible, seems to be ridiculous and an utter defeat of the purpose of inspiring the writing of a perfect book to begin with. Why? Because the value of the bible’s doctrinal soundness is negated by the fallibility of the organization on whom we must rely to explain it to us. This is why the teaching that we cannot understand the bible apart from the organization has to be false propaganda.

Another thing: If we cannot understand the bible without the organization then how do we, like the Beroeans, use the bible prove to ourselves that what we are being taught by the organization is scriptural? We are necessarily in a situation where the organization tells us what the bible means and for us to use the bible to verify it would mean that we would have to rely on the very self-same organization’s interpretation of the bible texts that they use to prove their teaching. How’s that for objective verification?

To illustrate my point, Imagine going to a store to buy a product sold by weight and the store keeper tells you that the scale at the store can only be correctly understood by him so all must look to him for direction when reading the scale. He weighs out the product to you and you ask him how can you verify that he’s not robbing you. He tells you to check the scale yourself – the same scale he says that only he can understand. So when you check the scale and you see you’re getting less than you paid for he says to you you’re wrong because you’re interpreting the scale the wrong way and he then proceeds to interpret the scale the “correct” way as saying that you’re getting the right amount. Conflict of interest much?

So when an organization says in one breath that no one can truly understand the bible without their direction and then in another breath invites people to be like the Beroeans by comparing their teachings with the bible – really THEIR interpretations of the bible which are guaranteed to paint THEIR teachings as true – then you know some serious conflict of interest and lack of objectivity is involved.

End of quote.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

bjc

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Great reasoning and a big G for the use of illustrations.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

So when an organization says in one breath that no one can truly understand the bible without their direction and then in another breath invites people to be like the Beroeans by comparing their teachings with the bible – really THEIR interpretations of the bible which are guaranteed to paint THEIR teachings as true – then you know some serious conflict of interest and lack of objectivity is involved.

They do not suggest that you scrutize their teachings, as the Beroeans were commended for doing, because they are God's Channel and you can trust them. No need to examine their teachings.....That only applies to other religions.

Doc

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"A basis for approved fellowship with Jehovahs Witnesses cannot rest merely on a belief in God, in the Bible, in Jesus Christ, and so forth. Simply professing to have such beliefs would not authorize one to be known as one of Jehovahs Witnesses. Approved association with Jehovahs Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovahs Witnesses."(Watchtower, April 1, 1986, p. 31).

---

if WT's teachings were "scriptural beliefs", then they wouldn't be "unique", would they? Morons !

• heathen
    heathen

fundamentally I think they have some verifiable information , I still don't believe in a trinity nor the immortality of the soul as portrayed by the MS churches , the use of cross was started after the church was destroyed and the apostate church or RCC incorporated it into the christian faith , they do seem to be making a big mess with the, "new light", for the FDS and generation dogma and they don't seem to understand that a blood transfusion is a medical procedure and is not the same as ingesting blood as a food source of which members are coerced into dying over it , the holidays are all perverted adaptions to christianity by the holy roman empire who thought they could placate the pagans by corrupting the christian faith .The main problem with them is they refuse to admit having told a lie to keep members placated with the constant promise of the Great crowd never dying and the generation of 1914 not passing away , obviously a lie that was put in the WT magazine on the inside cover , I'm guessing since rutherfords, millions now living sermon. Now they are again saying current members make up the great crowd that will never die . The only ones that get saved are the ones that don't worship the beast or it's image nor take it's mark , what ever that is , some believe RFID chipping is coming . This organization likes to take the stand of prophesy but then deny they are prophesying or spirit inspired ... really screwed up there I think

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Desirous is correct. Anthony Morris said that scripture doesnt mean to question whether the Org has the truth but rather to test your faith to make sure its in line with "the Truth" i.e the ORG.

• Sherilynn
    Sherilynn

Jon and Desirous you hit the nail on the head. When I began to question the teachings an elder stopped by with CO and I invited them in and up came the subject of my questioning the changing teachings and said I was reading the Bible and double checking the teachings as shown in the WT and Books.

CO basicallys said, using his hand going from wide down to narrow space, that when I was done researching the Bible and our teachings, I still had to come "inline with what the Organization Teaches" as we all can't be teaching a different opinion than our literature.

That was 10 years ago and I am still on their Do Not Call List but no action was ever taken against me.

I have more love for mankind that ever possible as a JW.

Peace & Love,

Sherilynn

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

"Anthony Morris said that scripture doesnt mean to question whether the Org has the truth but rather to test your faith to make sure its in line with "the Truth" i.e the ORG."

I heard him say that. What a pompous deluded windbag. He should consider a career in politics. It was a disgusting twisting of scripture.

Old Light:

How Can You Guard Against Being Deceived?

So how can you guard against being deceived by Satan? How can you make sure that you “worship [God] with spirit and truth”? (John 4:24) Use what Jehovah God has given you. First of all, he has given you intellectual capacity so that you can distinguish truth from falsehood. (1 John 5:20) He has also made it possible for you to identify Satan’s designs. (2 Corinthians 2:11) In fact, he has given you everything you need to counteract Satan’s attempts to mislead you.—Proverbs 3:1-6; Ephesians 6:10-18.
    Most important, God has provided you with an infallible means with which to protect yourself. What is that? The same one that the apostle Paul encouraged his companion Timothy to rely on when it came to matters of religious faith. After giving the warning about “wicked men and impostors,” the apostle Paul told Timothy to resist them by basing everything he believed on “the holy writings”—that is, on God’s holy Word, the Bible.—2 Timothy 3:15.
    Of course, some may say that anyone who believes in God and accepts the Bible as His inspired Word is misguided. In reality, though, the misguided ones are those who stubbornly ignore all the evidence that proves the existence of a Creator and that the Bible is truly God’s inspired Word.—Romans 1:18-25; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17; 2 Peter 1:19-21.
    Rather than being deceived by what is “falsely called ‘knowledge,’” use God’s Word to establish the truth. (1 Timothy 6:20, 21) Be like the noble-minded men and women whom the apostle Paul preached to in Beroea. They “received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind.” Not only were they keenly believing what the apostle Paul taught them but they were also “carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so.”—Acts 17:11.
    You have nothing to fear from examining your beliefs in this way. In fact, the Bible encourages you to “make sure of all things” before accepting them as true. (1 Thessalonians 5:21) Toward the end of the first century C.E., the apostle John urged his fellow Christians: “Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God.” (1 John 4:1) Yes, even though a certain religious teaching seems to be “inspired”—or to come from God—it is still the course of wisdom to examine the Scriptures to make sure before accepting it as true.—John 8:31, 32. WT 9/01/2010

Does anyone have the new light quote from ol' hot-dog boy? It would be an interesting comparison. It shows that the WTBTS is having a collective " OH S**T!!" moment, and had to tack in the winds of time as they blew their house of cards down. Remember, only 1 teaching can be true. The "God's Word Is Truth" DC said that truth does not change, and cannot contradict another "truth." So which is it? Is BBQ Hot-dog right, or is the above WT article human reasoning??

DD

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The Watchtower Publishing and Real Estate Corporation has little tolerance for Bible study. "Bible study", in WT's view, is reading WT literature----and your study should end there:

--

"A mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge are concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and the faithful and discreet slave." (Watchtower, August 1, 2001, p. 14).

Watchtower 1967 June 1 p.338 Move Ahead with Jehovah's Organization

"12 How will we put these four things into effect? First, study: We may think of study as hard work, as involving heavy research. But in Jehovah's organization it is not necessary to spend a lot of time and energy in research, for there are brothers in the organization who are assigned to do that very thing, to help you who do not have so much time for this, these preparing the good material in The Watchtower and other publications of the Society. But you do not study enough? Take this suggestion: Often the very best and most beneficial studying you do is that done when you read a new Watchtower or Awake! or a new book with the joy of getting the new truths and a fresh view."

• NotNew
    NotNew

I'm "notnew" so I won't comment.

SW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit