WT Mantras / Thought Stoppers

by Ding 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Emery
    Emery

When somebody dies: "At least WE have the hope of the resurrection" or "We will see them again in Paradise". The cheapest responses to anything so tragic.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

5ff265a65b728fe4fd56c868de7cbb0e6d26a34f

You'll never win with a JW, they have stock cult answers for everything.

An elder told me I was 'spiritually weak(TM)'. That way they can discredit everything I say.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

The end is right around the corner...

i need to do some research on that matter...

we show our obedience to Jehovah by being obedient to his arrangement, the channel... FDS

The Bible doesn't mention any of Jehovah's servants celebrating b-days (insert any holiday...)

• BU2B
    BU2B

During the course of a discussion with a JW in which you are making good, logical irrefutable points, the JW says "YOU ARE STARTING TO SOUND LIKE AN APOSTATE!!" Thats the ultimate built in conversation stopper they have IMO.

My wife told me that when I said that the truth should not fear examination, nor criticism. Truth has nothing to hide and should not be panicked and intimidated by lies if lies is all they are.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Great list!!

Some new ones are coming up soon(tm)!!!

" Obey the Shepherds!! "

" It's time to close the ranks!"

" Trust the Slave!"

" Obey the 8 dukes!!"

An often used phrase is " If I die obeying the GB, at least I have the hope of a resurrection!"

DD

• momentofsurrender
    momentofsurrender

Not so much a thought stopper, but definitely a mantra...especially if you are a born in:

"Bad association spoils useful habits"

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

We are in the last hours of the last days.

• Splash
    Splash

JustVisiting According to some, we are now "on the cusp!"

What's nearer than a cusp? That will be next.

Splash

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

"Jehovah always had an organization"

No, he did not "always" have an organization. Out of 6000 years of human history, how many years did Yah have an organization. And out of those years, how long was the organization acting on Yah's will. The kings of Israel, most of the times persecuted and kill Yahweh's prophets.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

'Do not forsake the gathering of yourselves together..' I.e. Don't miss the meetings

'its an organisation of imperfect men' (used to excuse bullying and other unpleasant behaviour by hierarchy)

'we must be humble and wait on Jehovah' (meaning, if you have a genuine complaint, you must be too proud)

'we mustn't murmur or cause contentions' (similar to the above, 'never mind you have a valid cause for complaint against brother important, you have to put up and shut up otherwise youre a troublemaker)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit