WT Mantras / Thought Stoppers

by Ding 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When I disagreed with a particular teaching, an Elder asked me "Do you know better then the GB ?", I did not say that I did, but stuck to my guns, and to the scripture that directly contradicted the teaching.

Today I would reply " Sure I do, I have an education, not a brilliant one, but way way above anything the GB know".

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

When a J-dub dies in some horrible manner: "Time and unforeseen occurrance..."

When a J-dub survives some dangerous circumstance in some unexpected manner: "Jehovah/the angels truly watch over and protect His people!"

• Incognito
    Incognito

'Things are soooo baaaaad (crime, violence, weather, etc) that we know the end has got to be sooooon.'

{"With all due respect sister Susie, with your education, do you really think that you know more than our governing

body??????!!!!!!!!!"}

As the elder was comparing your level of education to that of the GB, since the GB is made-up of individuals, what level of education is he suggesting is required to be a GB member?

• Incognito
    Incognito

'Things are soooo baaaaad (crime, violence, weather, etc) that we know the end has got to be sooooon.'

{"With all due respect sister Susie, with your education, do you really think that you know more than our governing

body??????!!!!!!!!!"}

As the elder was comparing your level of education to that of the GB, since the GB is made-up of individuals, what level of education is he suggesting is required to be a GB member?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"We may have been over eager (to predict the end) in the past but it was with the right motive .. The disciples did not know everything......."

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Similar one Blues is "At least we were On The Watch"

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

"Where did you get your information from... It sounds worldly"

"the Governing Body called Paul to come back to Jerusalem to go over a matter"

• smiddy
    smiddy

It is well documented the societys frowning on higher education .

The legal department is made up of men and women JW`s who have taken advantage of higher education .

I see double standards here .

smiddy

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

I like the whole:

"Where else can you see such unity but in Jehovahs organization?" In which case i bring out the fact that even when the Society was wrong on something and it wasnt based on the Bible they all believed what was false as the truth. And imay ask them if theyve heard of the walsh trial:

Q: It was promulgated as a matter which must [have been] believed by all members of Jehovah’s Witnesses that the Lord’s Second Com- ing took place in 1874...?
    A: It was a false statement or an erroneous statement in fulfillment of a prophecy that was false or erroneous.

Q: And that had to be believed by the whole of Jehovah’s Witnesses? A: Yes, because you must understand we must have unity ...
    Q: Back to the point now. A false prophecy was promulgated?
    A: I agree to that.144

Q: It had to be accepted by Jehovah’s Witnesses?
    A: That is correct.
    Q: If a member of Jehovah’s Witnesses took the view himself that that prophecy was wrong and said so, he would be disfellowshipped?
    A: Yes ... Our purpose is to have unity.
    Q: Unity at all costs?
    A: Unity at all costs...
    Q: A unity based upon an enforced acceptance of false prophecy?
    A: That is conceded to be true.

hm

JP

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

"I have to go now, because we're not about 'arguing.' " (interpretation: no two- way dialogue allowed. I'm telling you stuff, and you should agree and be sheep-like!)

I heard Cedars say in an interview: When they come to your house, they are not on an information gathering expedition!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit