my intro to the JW world

by rebelfighter 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am sincerely glad that as a child and woman advocate that you are better educated about the JWs. When you come across JWs family crises, you will better know how to advocate for them effectively, hopefully-or you just won't be as clueless as most people are. The organization looks pretty harmless from "a distance".

At first I didn't understand why you didn't research the cross-then you described your life and it made perfect sense! I wish I had a strong woman like yourself nearby to kick my assertiveness in the backside a bit. You would be a great mentor!

Take care of yourself. Congratulations on getting away from the elder and getting your mom into a facility and out of your home when she is dangerous.

• kaik
    kaik
    As LisaRose had said, many JWs had double persona, and many would not mind to abuse Bible, WT regulation, or even human laws, as long it will provide them with new souls in their fishing net. Deceit is acceptable in WT cult as long secure them extra literature and study hours for their report cards.
  • bellasmile
    bellasmile

Rebel fighter yes you are lucky to be rid of this guy. Yes you should report him asap. At least expose him living a double life.On the other hand I am wondering why on earth you were associating with him for all these years? 6YEARS? What were you expecting to get out of this ? I am curious to know. If I am understanding your post you kept things platonic. I hope you did for your sake, not his. Was that your choice or both of you decided this? You yourself describe him as " the nicest, sweetest, kindest man I have ever known". Ok, so after 6 years you are unfulfilled somehow or not I do not know. But if you believe he mislead you(which seems possible) why did you continue to follow? Just askin.

And Kaik, you have no idea what a "cult" is.

• kaik
    kaik
    of course bellasmile I know what cult is, I grew up in it, and I do not have whatsoever defend it. Do you? Got idea on anything or you just babble around? Never mind, you just babble around. Yes you bellawithsoursmile.
  • rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Bellasmile, yes it was platonic and our conversations were amazing. At my age and all of you need not jump on me because I know this might be crazy. Deep down I somehow still believe in the marriage vow even though the estranged husband, neither of my children do not just me!!

I believe our conversations were totally uplifting for both of us. More importantly I trusted him, which for me is extremely difficult. As a victim of childhood abuse I still find it very hard to trust people. Now I think he may be a very depressed man having to deal with all this organization stuff. Yes he was everything I described always till the day I questioned his religion and the book on Families. He never told me any of the JW rules, you do not question --- hahaha see my name "rebel" that is who I have been since the day I was born. "Fighter" that is there because the Elder no matter what it is you will FIGHT it my response "you got that right"

I figured eventually when the timing was right we could be together. Yes at one point I was about to file for divorce because the abuse had escalated again but as my luck would have it his health took a temporary turn for the worse and we went through 6 months of dr appts and hospitals. Once again I approached his sister (only blood relative) about taking him. Well the answer I got was "--------------- NO -------'---" you can fI'll in the blank she missed none of them but she did thank me over and over again for taking care of her brother. LOL that is my life -just make sure the life insurance is paid current. When he gets to Bad I remind him where the front door is and he is more then welcomed to exit do not return.

Back to the Elder, he talked like we would be together at some point but I think it had to be on his terms and the book on Families was that introduction. As he said he wanted to see how I would react. And as it was I temperatured my reaction he did not stick around for my full reaction.

I know 5 years sounds like a long time but it goes by very quickly when you are in the middle of crazy insane people. I only gave a sample of craziness of what happened during those years.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

JWDaughter, when I now see they have picked a new location for handing out their literature I will approach a male ask questions relative to education, socializing, further education (you get the idea) I just make sure it is front of a bystander. After the 3 or 4 questions I very calmly say I thought the 10 commandments state though shall not lie. As my friend who owns the local 7-11 said I have never seen one of them "peel rubber" off the lot before. They have never returned. I have found that once they have been questioned at a site they do not return to that site. I feel the less of this literature that is handed out the better. I see it I go for it. I want NO more children or women to fall victim of this cult.

The cross (very dear to me), religion (I do not believe in), extremely spiritual (in my own way, what works for me and God ). God and I talk a lot while I listen to music, there are many songs that draw me very close to Jesus and God but 2 will always stand out. The Old Rugged Cross. Nearer My God to Thèe. As a young girl of 12 I joined a youth group call Job's Daughter's (based on the Bible ), as an adult I have continued as a leader for these daughters. The girls at the end of the meeting form a cross and song Nearer my God to Thee. Still brings a tear to my eyes. I have seen this done for 40+ years still the tears come. They also have a ceremony where the Honored Queen removes her cape and crown place them on the cross

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

JWDaughter, just got cut off while posting that last post.

...while everyone is singing Old Rugged Cross.

Those are only 2 of many songs about the cross.

About being assertive, go for it, when you want something go for it, do it. Sounds hard so start small little steps then medium steps. Bigger and bigger. Just don't let people walk on you. When they tell you you can't do something OH HELL YES I CAN!! Rebel can watch me. The funniest one that happened to me was the day my mother looked me in the eye and said you need to go out and get a real job. I actually laughed in face for the first time. Never told her why. By that point my salary was 3X hers but she didn't think financial accounting was real work.

I am assertive, my biggest problem which my friends, kids and the Elder all get after me about is I have a far to caring snd loving heart and care to much about people and come to their aid and I end up getting hurt everytime emotionally and financially.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

RoyalFlushPhil, the first thing I must say over again the Child issues Emotional, physical and sexual. The Elders parting words were "I hoped you would see differently", we call 911 for a bruise. The February cartoon is totally outrageous I would have sat through that and my opinion would have been made very clear at it's end right there in the KH without the mic. TOTAL emotional abuse.

Financial -- I am a financial accountant -- May broadcast. Where are the mumbers?!?!?!? What are we talking about?!?!?!? You want money WHY!?!?!?!?

Charity -- I have been involved in extremely large charity work for over 50 years. May broadcast. Let's see. Why are we raising money, our goal is....., the time frame is, other sources supporting the endeavor are...., would be nice to have a better spokeman.

Word should get out to the R/F about the resort condominiums up in NY that is disgusting, while they broadcast about the man who gave up his job for interference with worship and went on welfare. That is a bunch if bull!!! I have listened to each of these broadcast I truly feel they need to return to their hiding place. If these people are spiritual appointed it came straight from Satan. Hiding pedophiles, slave labor, contributing to the community around you that you live in (NOT), taking tax deduction and not returning anything.

I have seen a few negative comments randomly about the Masonic community. This is an outstanding community we personally spend a huge amount of our own money to belong, to attend, to go to fund raisers ALL for CHILDREN. If a child needs help we are there no questions asked we will get them and their parents help. We Do NOT Ask About Religion child needs Help we take care of them.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Rebelfighter:

Thank you for joining this forum. It is always good to see an outsider's perspective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit