my intro to the JW world

by rebelfighter 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Someone suggested that I should introduce myself and how I got here. This has been a crash course in the JW world. I got an email that said "Good bye, have a nice life". He did not even sign it. My response was you end 5 years with 2 lines. I was just not accepting this, not knowing any of this JW stuff I sent email asking what was going on questions.

Well about 6 years ago I met the nicest, sweetest, kindest man I have ever known. We talked online and on the phone, then met in person. He told me right away he was a JW, I had no idea what that was but had no time to look it up. I did tell him and was very firm about it, that because of the way I was raised please DO NOT say any thing about the gay community.

We would get together about once every 3 months as I traveled through the state. Normally he drove across the state as that was the route I was taking. If my route was taking me close to his home he would pick an old city about 2 hrs away from his town.

Now our conversation centered around his entire family (kids, grandkids, father, brother, sister) and my family (kids, estranged husband who I take care of, mother, sister, grandson ).

I have NO idea why this ELDER stayed as long as he did but we had some great great conversations. We would talk 5 or 6 times a day. My way of looking at life is that no matter what happens there has got to be a thread of humor somewhere in it, search and you will find the humor. Just like the day the hospital called and said your husband has had a major stroke BUT we are Legally Separated I have the court documents NOPE lady you are legally married. What about that lady he is living with? Well they come no dumber then her. That was a quote From the hospital staff.

I had to evict her and her ex boyfriend from his house she moved him in that night, use my money to turn the place into rental property. Rented the place, one went off to Afghanistan decided to stiff me on the rent and utilities and turn me into to the JAG Corp who in turn threatened me with Legal and Criminal charges, this was before the no tell law so I just called the JAG officer and said how does this law apply to a lesbian lover - rent was paid in full in 2 days kept current during her full deployment.

Then I was also dealing with my Alz mother (not the nice type) she wrote the power of attorney with the word "and" not "or" . So I had to clear every aspect of care of my mother with my sister could not make a move without her approval. At first she lived 15 hour drive from my sister (the princess, who is addicted to prescription meds) and I. The doctors said she could not live alone, well my son was living with her but my sister wanted him out because Mom said he was going to kill her. There is a clue for you. I get a call from Neighbors you need to get down here. Long story short - 10 trips 9 months - I am running a business, head of 2 charity organizations, and care giver for ungrateful , abusive estranged husband in one state, kid in college AND I have a sister sitting on her rump all day doing nothing telling me she talks to mom every day and there is nothing wrong with her BUT you have not seen her in 2 years. I forced the issue said she has to be moved to our state Okay we will move her up here with me, great she is moving in with you. Perfect. She gets down there finds out what life is all about what Mom has Alz and she is mean she is beating people up, WE have been telling you this! !!! She is not moving in with me. Great, I guess I will now have 2 abusive people in my house. Ain't life great!!! At least I won't have to drive 15 hrs to be beat up. Oh and the best part of her beating you up she then calls 911 to tell them you are the Mafia holding her hostage. Well once I got her to my house the sheriff's office put my house on their daily route to check up on ME. Just wonderful. She punched an emt driver one day because he said I was trying to help her. She is in a look down unit now. No more butcher kniveS and running down the street.

This is getting much to long but I have always been a fighter since the day I was born. I fight everything. Could never figure out why my mother hated me so much, when I got old enough I would watch for certain cars to be parked in front of the house then I knew it was safe to go home. They were the gay men that came to the house every night for dinner. By the time they left she was to drunk to care or I would be asleep. I paid my way through college and was out of there.

As far as my sister goes, I love the phrase you all use love bombing yes. Her and her family will only love bomb me as long as I am writing them a paycheck otherwise I am scum.

Well I have been a very successful business woman raised 2 kids pretty much by myself put up with all the crazy crap that life has to offer, bailed my mother, sister, estranged husband out numerous times and life goes on.

Anyway. The end of the story the Elder only ever told me we do not believe in the Cross. So after the very short email and the fact that I was not buying that departure I asked for some answers. That lead to 20 days of Bible verses and sermons. OK I am done so I sent him an email headed Roasted, Toasted, Deep Fried, BBQ second line if you do not respond to all questions in red I have the address of 3 local KH I will go have an Elder explain to me all these emails and you. A few of the questions were 1) why have we talked about every member of your family but in five years you somehow forgot you had a wife. You know and we have discussed my situation. 2) what was your intent to change what about me a. Child advocate b. Womens advocate c. All of my Masonic affiliations (over 40 years) d. I do not believe in religion e. Gay activist. ALSO, I am done with you and Satan I am so convinced you all must worship Satan more then Jehovia since that is all you seem to ever talk about. Do not mention Satan one time in this email. He did not, he put dotted lines about 20 times.

My daughter who is in her early 20s read his final response sums it up very well. Flaming idiot jerk. She overheard far far far to many of our conversation. he is now claiming that our conversation were all biblical and counceling. I would have hung up a long time ago. BULL!!!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

You are one of those unfortunate individuals (much like myself) who somehow manage to attract life's toxic assholes, like bees to honey. This man was a two-faced manipulator who was using you. You called him on his BS, and he bailed. Consider yourself lucky, in particular that you have removed this toxic a-hole from your life. Myself, and most others on here will tell you straight out that this so-called "Religion" is nothing more than a publishing and real estate corporation CULT, masquerading as a Neo-Judeo Christian religion.

It's a Cult!

Be glad to have one less loser in your life, and get on with yours and try to remove the rest of the losers until you can finally breathe again.

PS: Welcome! We have ALL been mentally mind-f*cked by this CULT in one way or the other, so we all at least have that in common.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The amazing thing about your story (so far!) is that you've survived so much and continue to be so focussed!

I'll bet even the parasites around you have a sneaking admiration for your resilience and determination never to give up.

Admirable!

p.s. I'd still report the Elder to his fellow Elders, with a copy of your complaint sent to the Org's Service Department at Patterson N.Y. - to ensure that Don Juan is prevented from foisting his stupid games on other unsuspecting victims!

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    After reading all these sites I just question if he was using all the phone hours as counseling hours and turning them in. Also, they were driving time so quick chalk up the right off on the tax return too religious work? Since he is now claiming they were counseling, I am thinking someone has already got caught. He had recently given up his Elder position to go to his son's KH to help with their kids..? ? Would not explain any of this. Oh I will get my Elder position back eventually.
  • rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    That is a 45 minute drive for him
  • flipper
    flipper
    REBELFIGHTER- Consider yourself lucky to be rid of this elder . What a tool. Who knows ? He may have been bopping around with other ladies as well since he wasn't honest with you. Sorry that you experienced that and I'm sorry that you have so many leeches sucking your time and energy in your life. Please know that we are here as a support to you. Hang in there, Peace out, Mr. Flipper And by the way welcome to the board ! Nice having you here.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

A few of the questions were 1) why have we talked about every member of your family but in five years you somehow forgot you had a wife.

Wait, this is an elder and has a wife? ... And now he's bringing out the bible to preach to YOU? Toss that loser in the dumpster and move on. Congratulate yourself for scraping that turd off your shoe before you went much farther.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I believe most JWs have two personas, the natural personality that is who they really are and the cult persona; the person they think they should be. It's common for some to have relationships outside of what is acceptable to the organization, then feel guilty and go back to the cult persona. He is rewriting history and justifying his behavior as an attempt to convert you. It wouldn't surprise me if he later contacts you and attempts to have some kind of relationship again. Don't buy into it, he will inevitably feel guilty and reject you again, you don't need that roller coaster.
  • rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

All of you have been great. Between all of these sites I have learned a lot about the JWS and the WT in a short time. One publication the book on Families was all it took to turn me running but as I said I am a big child's advocate. Frankly as many discussion we had on this topic the Elder should have known how disrespect it was to give that publication to me. My heart truly goes out to the children and the women in this organization.

I have figured out there were many many lies the Elder told and as my daughter will tell any one Mom was always very busy we could push all her buttons and get away with it BUT never ever push that lying or disrespect button because she is Italian just don't go there.

Thank you. You all are wonderful, I can not imagine being in this organization and being controlled by these people and losing your families. I have chosen to separate from my mother and sister but that is because of their behavior and their continual lying.

• RoyalFlushPhil
    RoyalFlushPhil

What is it about the Jehovah Witness(Watchtower Version) religion that makes people so angry, evil, overly righteous and so self-assured they are going to be saved from God's Rage even though they treat humanity with the greatest contempt? The only people JWs treat worse than people in their own congregations are their brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers and last but not least, they save a largest portion of their hatred for their husband and wife!

Can you explain from your outside perspective your opinion why their so tweaked? Most of us were raised in this religion for twenty, thirty or more years. Your insights running a business and seeing the Organization from the outside would be refreshing insights besides the post you wrote.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit