Are Kingdom Songs Good for You?

by Englishman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• trevor
    trevor

Englishman,

A great post. The subliminal, hypnosuggestic impact of that kind of brainwashing is very disturbing. The fear factor in keeping members in line is the hallmark of a cult.After all my years lost in the forest I still didn't fully realize quite how blatant the conditioning really was.

Trevor

• crittersitter
    crittersitter

HUNG BY THE TONGUE

the spoken word is very powerful( or the sung word!!!!!)

• crittersitter
    crittersitter

kirk franklin is great...saw him this summer at nashville billy graham crusade...he had the house just wild ...with joyus praise for our LORD.
    i never saw that kind of joy at an assembly, did
    you???
    but i have to relate something here. as a jdub kid and young adult, i remember the disdain and hate the jw's had for billy graham. he's quite old now( like the boyz at brooklyn), and had to be helped out to the stage area to speak. what really hit me hard (i was there for the concert) was his message. He had such a spirit of love about him, and all he wanted to do was share his JESUS with everyone. that's all he has done for decades now. no org, no controlling of minds.
    i started to weep. i had to repent and ask GOD to forgive me for hating this man. i never gave him any thought previous to this meeting. i never watched him on tv. but here in front of 70 thousand ppl was a faithful servant of GOD's whose message was of love, forgiveness, the cross...simple, easy....truthful.
    and i am not one to get swept up in emotion or follow the crowd.but GOD dealt with me right there in my seat. i had the pleasure and the honor to witness a true servant
    critter( bornagain)

• Synergy
    Synergy

I had most of the Kingdom Melodies memorized, by number and lyric. People in my hall gave me so much attention for it. How pathetic it all was. Who remembers 23?

"DARK DAYS ARE HERE, MAN LIVES IN FEAR, WITH DIRE EXPECTATION AS TO ALL CREATION. HAVING NO HOPE, BLINDLY THEY GROPE. ALL MANS WORK IS VANITY. But the bible gives us a reason for cheer, due to all the proof that the kingdom is near..."

When I went to the memorial to flaunt my Apostacy I sang out loud and then when we got to the part in 105 Hail Jehovah's First Born that says "Let's Hail Jehovah's firstborn make known his kingdom reign. From house to house keep preaching the cause of truth maintain" I just busted out laughing and said, "Oh sorry I can't say this stuff. I just can't say it." the only people that heard me were the family in my row and one couple in front of me but I couldn't stop laughing.

What songs do ya wanna sing at the next Apostafest? Maybe someone can bring a song book for kicks. I grew up in hicktown and we had a bonfire almost every month and we'd all sing those damn tunes without music. Gosh it sucked!

• d
    d

No they were an awful mess. remember this awful song.

http://youtu.be/ocfma5qaOwk

• mariemcg
    mariemcg

If anyone has a piano i have both songbooks and my fingers, as i can play the piano!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit