Orchestral Accompaniment for Singing at Congregation Meetings

by pixel 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pixel
    pixel

Just in:

TO ALL CONGREGATIONS
    Re: Orchestral Accompaniment for Singing at Congregation Meetings

Dear Brothers:

Many will find that the newly composed orchestral recordings are more inspiring and
    conducive to our worship than is piano music alone. These recordings, already used at our assemblies and conventions, will gradually replace the piano accompaniments currently used at congregation meetings. The process of composing and recording new musical arrangements for all 150 songs in our revised songbook will take several years to complete. As groups of these recordings are completed, they will periodically be released on jw.org for our personal enjoyment and for use at congregation meetings.

The newly released songs will give us an opportunity to get acquainted with these orchestral recordings. Orchestral recordings for Songs 136, 137, and 138 will soon replace the piano recordings. Beginning with Song 139, “Teach Them to Stand Firm,” only orchestral recordings will be released. During the 2015 regional convention and the circuit assemblies for the 2016 service year, these new songs will begin to be featured on our spiritual programs. Previewing the convention and assembly programs posted on jw.org will inform us of the songs that will be used so that they can be downloaded and practiced beforehand. We are confident that these orchestral recordings will help us to sing enthusiastically, with open mouths and appreciative hearts, in praise to Jehovah.

You read it here first!

• cappytan
    cappytan

Thanks, PIXEL.

I love how apostates are more informed than the rank/file.

• pixel
    pixel
    You got it!
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Singing along at the conventions was awful, the orchestral music not written in such a way as could be easily accompanied by voice. Singing at the KH was dull enough, at assemblies so much worse. Now I guess it gets to be like that all the time! Ah well, at least I don't go anymore!
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Cheers Pixel - it's great getting the "food" before the proper time!! :)

Our faithful slaves here do a far better job than the Brooklyn Freeloaders!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Ah yes, wouldn't a lovely string arrangement be much more appropriate for the current state of WT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RcVzevWX4U

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What's new is old.

The first set of records (the old vinyl kid) of the purple songbook were orchestral music. And it was a BIG DEAL and improvement for singing when the new book was released with recordings of only piano music for meetings.

Just another FLIP FLOP.

Doc

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Ah yup, I can't wait to drop this info in conversations with general witnesses....I know the elders will go nuts trying to work out how we all know before them!
  • cleanideas
    cleanideas
    I remember a long time ago before the recorded piano music came along, my congregation had an actual piano that someone would play the song while we sang.
  • prologos
    prologos
    actual piano that someone would play the song while we sang. ha ha, piano lagging behind singers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit