Letting go of the side of the pool

by joelbear 13 Replies latest social current

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((Joelbear))))

Wonderful post! And so true! My life now is so much brighter and positive now that I don't have to worry about being destroyed at every corner of my life. It's so much easier to enjoy those "little moments" with God, Neil, and my other friends. I find I'm having more of them as well!

LadyLee,

I prefer to scroll right on by You Know's posts. They don't say anything I haven't heard before and they are what I left behind. I can't figure out why so many get baited by him and fall into the trap of posting back.
    You and me both! I don't even read 'em. Reminds me too much of my father.

Andi

• LDH
    LDH
    I love plants. They give back so much for your efforts.

I do too, Joel. This weekend I put in petunias, stock, snaps, callas,cannas and some pretty ground cover as well as relocated about 5 75# rocks. Last weekend I trenched and dug two well established shrubs and relocated them

My $*#@& and quads are hurting like a son of a bee-yoch, LOL.

This fall I intend to redo the entire front flower bed with bulbs--amaryllis etc. Also, there's one more plant I'd love to get for outside, and that's a bleeding heart (fuschia) tree--of a nice size.

Also, I'd like to put in two more trees out by the sidewalk.

When we bought this house two years ago we planned on thoroughly gutting and renovating it to re-sell, and now it looks like if I can get the landscaping done by June 1 and we list it, we will make a profit of about $70,000. Not bad for two years, eh?

It's amazing what putting in plants and flowers and trees do for the resale value of a house. Real curb appeal.

My friend's mom has a HOUSE FULL of plants, and I don't have ANY!!! so I am propogating a few now and intend to have a ton of green indoors by the end of May, also.

Lisa
    PS I loved your analogy, sorry to hijack the thread.

• teejay
    teejay

The end is near, don't live your life, any minute total chaos and you will be doomed.

Joel.

Of all the wrongs the Society inflicted on the kids of my family (and generation), your above quote pinpoints what, to me, is the worst. The way I see it, being raised a JW kid robbed us of the power to dream. I know for me, I never gave a second thought to what I wanted to do with my life. All i wanted to do is please Jehovah -- forget about living my life.

For us, much of what we could have done with life is gone. But knowing what we know, maybe we’ll be able to help somebody else.

Nice thoughts, Joel.

• joelbear
    joelbear

For us, much of what we could have done with life is gone.

Yes, I agree. I'll never go to Stanford now and study Math as I wanted to (I sent them my SAT scores, I was in the 93rd percentile of college applicants to Stanford).

But, I figure, its never too late. School now is still fun and I feel that with being let go from my job in January, that I have a 2nd chance to let go myself and do the things I really want to do.

I have a long list. I have always said. Joel, you can only do one of these things. Now I'm thinking os trying to do as many of them as I can.

Its a different mind set. I still have hold of the side of the pool by my fingertips, but maybe sometime soon I'll push off and enjoy my swim across the deep end.

Joel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit