The Faithful and Discreet Slave

by George 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Those at to top in the Jehovah's Witness organization fit this description best.

Except for the"faithful", "discreet" and "slave" part, sure.

• Zagor Almanah
    Zagor Almanah

45 Who is actually the faithful and discreet slave whom his masterappointed over his domestics? To give them their food at the proper time. 46 Happy is the servant if his master, when he comes, will find him in the process of doing so! 47Truly I say to you: he will appoint him over all his belongings.

Faithful and discreet slave is the one who tells the truth.
    Not coming with false predictions / prophecies.
    Not lying every time it opens his mouth. (Through magazines, books and the like) and feed people with lies.
    Not reshaping its positions, stand up for what it says.
    Not distorts / dabbler by God regulations / compliance with the law of God / tenders / public holidays, as they are prescribed in the Bible.

But if that evil servant there in his heart says: 'My Lord is slow to come (In that case begins with inventing times and periods of time on his master's return, such as the year 1914 th

'49 And begins to beat his fellow servants ( Making himself the lord over God's people by requiring them to comply with laws and regulations are contrary to the Word of God (by drawing from and add to) and to change the teachings of Jesus and his disciples led.

and to eat and drink with the incorrigible drunks, (secretly keep Christmas and birthdays with pagans and thus invoke evil forces of evil. well as to work with the political world power, the United Nations behind God's people back by secretly being a member for 10 years, and deceive the people of God by denying these claims.

50 then the Master of the unfaithful, lying and disobedient slave will come in one day he did not expect it, and in an hour he does not know, 51 and he will punish him with the utmost rigor and give him his portion with the hypocrites. There will [he] weep and gnash.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The "Faithful and discreet slave" is a fictional character in a parable that was supposedly uttered by Jesus. He (the FDS) is not a person, or "Class" of people living in the 21st Century. or indeed at any time, he, and the Evil slave are no more real than Harry Potter and his opponent.

And, if the parable was indeed uttered by Jesus, the characters were never intended to be any more real.

Just like the Wise Virgins, the Good Samariten , the Prodigal Son, the Merchant with the pearl........ and so on.

Devices (stories) to teach a lesson is all they are.

End bloody of.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Exactly that, Phizzy.

I tried to tell the JW's just that. They pitied my ignorance!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit