The "Assyrian", the "seven shepherds", the "eight dukes"

by bats in the belfry 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

. . . will become whatever the WTBTS needs them to become.

Once upon a time they said this:

1943 The Watchtower, April 15, page 124

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

They really do just make it all up as they go along.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

This is crazy. Do they research their own materials first coming up with this stuff?

• DS211
    DS211

Im pretending to poop in the bathroom so i dont have to make a funny face or scream....

this is insane....so now immanuel is Isaiahs kid and not Jesus?

In the public talk today it was give. The 5 things we need to be purposeful for J:

1. Come to know him or an accurate knowledge

2. Repent

3. Turn from the world

4. Go out in service as UB publisher

5. Pray to God silently and then dedicate for publice declaration u are of his people.

dont worry bout Jesus and all that lol we dont need him anymore! We have the FdS!

• LogCon
    LogCon

m

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Im pretending to poop in the bathroom so i dont have to make a funny face or scream....

DS211 - LOL! I've been there myself. . . .

• piztjw
    piztjw

They said this in the past. Now the seven shepherds and eight dukes are KH elders. And even more special they are a "secret weapon". No one knows about them.

• prologos
    prologos

most dissturbing turn of phrase: that the elders

MUST BE ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED. why ? because what they are doing for the WTBTS is really wrong? like the prediction written in John 16:2 :

"--expel you from the KH [synagogue],--everyone that kills you will be absolutely convinced [imagine] he has rendered a sacred service to God"?

The writers IMAGINE,(see above posts), the followers are told to be ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED. almost . hopefully.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

paragraph 39: "Eight is one more than seven".

---

I'm glad the WT cleared that up...I was confused.

Is this an example of the "college education" one gets from reading WT literature?

---

"This is crazy. Do they research their own materials first coming up with this stuff?"

WT has no need to. JWs will accept anything WT prints without question. JWs do not know previous teachings, so will not see the change. And, if a JW does question the "new light", they'll be ousted for questioning "god's sole channel of communication on earth".

Sweet deal for WT.

The simple fact of the matter is, most JWs don't REALLY care if their beliefs are true or not. They follow WT.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit