Build it and they will come

by Pete Zahut 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

"BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME"

My JW family looked at me blankly when I said the above, after hearing them claim their religion has to be the TRUTH and is being blessed by God because the growth of the organization continues and has reached over 7 million plus members. They say " 7 milllion people can't all be wrong " .

I said, " In a world filled with crappy fast food restaurants that should never have made it, movies and TV shows that are terrible yet make millions, celebrities who are famous for doing nothing and butt ugly crappy cars that were built and sold by the millions; if you put "it" out there and are consistant about it, people will eventually find you. No matter how bad McDonalds food is for you and (tastes) there will always be a line of people out the door. Yet this is not proof that the food is of good quality, is good for you or that it is the best restaurant out there.

Arguing that the growth of the Organization is evidence that JW's are being blessed by God and are therefore the true religion, is not an argument at all as far as I can see. They said I wasn't comparing apples to apples.

Ever had anyone say this?

• designs
    designs

People like to cheer for their Home Team.

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

At their highest point, there were 8.5 million Nazis on this planet.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Talk about a stupid argument.

Are more than 1 billion muslims wrong?

800 million Catholics?

12 million LDS?

Where is the cutoff point?

The problem is their perspective. They rub shoulders with these people year in and year out, sometimes for decades. Of course they couldn't all be wrong!

They get zero resistance to their belief system from people with different ideas! Of course that is how the WT wants it, because the second they go to college, or hang out too much with a worldly, cracks start to develop in the WT worldview.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"They said I wasn't comparing apples to apples."

That's because Jehovah's Witnesses are nuts. You can't compare apples to nuts!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

That is a ridiculous argument. How many people thought the world was flat when one man had the gall to say otherwise?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

They say " 7 milllion people can't all be wrong " .

Especially when the Octo-Pope tells them that they're not wrong!

• prologos
    prologos

Billy, great picture. The Brazil Nut you showed, a nut within a nut like JWs,-- hard to crack.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

People like to cheer for their Home Team.

Yep..."They may be false prophets, but by God they're my false propehts !"

At their highest point, there were 8.5 million Nazis on this planet.

Yeah....and the Nazis were also a neatly dressed bunch who were super organized and kept records of everything.

That is a ridiculous argument. How many people thought the world was flat when one man had the gall to say otherwise?

Good point but I'm sure they'd argue that those who thought the world was flat, were relying upon mans limited knowledge and weren't being guided by the Governing Body.

Are more than 1 billion muslims wrong?

I asked that and they said..." Yes, apparently so". They completly missed the point.

That's because Jehovah's Witnesses are nuts. You can't compare apples to nuts!

LOL ! That's true but you might be able to put a few cracks in that outer shell they've developed.

Especially when the Octo-Pope tells them that they're not wrong!

Hey....even Catholics are entitled to a "New Light" now and then.

• RunAsFastAsYouCan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit