Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 01-19-2014 WT Study (8 DUKES)

by blondie 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Being a woman, I am most assuredly unsubmissive as the WT definition goes.

I work very hard to help him ( just not to help him re-enter the JW world) . In my recent depression the sloppiness I began could be called unclean. I cooperate with him, just not when ( now almost three years ago) he wanted to demand I begin a "weekly hour long bible study" with him, and pretend it is hunky dory fine if he goes to meetings, book studies, assemblies etc...

HA I told him (after my jaw came back up off the floor) that I would of course agree to do so since learning more is what I am all about, but only if he agrees to a weekly bible study in my faith. He laughed at me. ( I'd call that pretty d*mn disrespectful don't you think?)

He still has his beard :-) It's been a year since he attended a meeting or book study, etc now. ( He did go to the memorial last year). I hate to get my hopes up, but I am beginning to.

If he does begin studies again I will then bring up this WT study. THANK YOU everyone for providing me such rich information.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Sorry for making an assumption about your gender nonjwspouse - I supose it is because female UBMs are relatively rare because of all the head of the household BS. It is good news he hasn't been for a year - you are in a much better position than me. Hopefully he has realized it is a waste of his time and that he will ackowledge that to you at some point - that is my dream but it may well be a pipe-dream. All the best Fraz

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Meanwhile here's what active Dubs are saying (some Facebook comments copied)

X: Paragraph 17......WOW

X: They had me at paragraph 16. Almost gave up but they saved the best for last. (<---- wonder what he meant by "almost gave up")

X: I loved it and we had a great talk too about Jacob! Made me think of the sentence in the upcoming KM that says "Will this be the last Memorial?" Now is definitely the time if we aren't already!

X: Good and timely reminders for me. Jehovah is stronger than our freshly enemies. Really, really good study

X: I am going to start calling XXXX (elder) Bro. Duke lol

Thanks Blondie

• heathen
    heathen

I notice to that the WTBTS shuns any titles such as pastor or priest but now they go for the title of duke or prince , just what they need more reason to try and lord it over the R&F . I am thankful to the WTBTS for some stuff but they really are making a bigger mess of the religion than ever before , they deny christ during the LEM , they deny prophesying and being spirit inspired , to me if you are anointed then you clearly are able to prophesy and are inspired by spirit to do so . As far as not falling for the idiot MS religions crap is where I can appreciate their efforts , I came from a long line of catholics , one of the most perverted religions in the world and nothing but terrorists during the holy roman empire days

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Riculous article ! Designed to make the r & f fall in line behind the elders , whatever they tell them to do. Presumably they foresee a time when instructions from the F & D Slave are relayed by word of mouth to the congo... and must be obeyed however crazy it sounds... Hmmm. bring on the Kool Aid !

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

. . . guess what? The identification of these "characters" was changed - 70 years ago the WTBTS had a different interpretation of them.

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

I just posted this on Billy's thread that deals with the same article:

This is a small point compared to the bigger issues that have been brought up here, but I found an interesting article that discusses the whole Isaiah/Emmanuel/Mahershalalhashbaz thing. The Society continues to primarily apply Isaiah's prophecy of Immanuel to Jesus, but this article tears that theory to shreds, IMHO.

http://infidels.org/library/modern/farrell_till/prophecy.html

Scroll down to the section, "Prophetic Chicanery"

• clarity
    clarity

OMG

I guess on Blondies list, I must be just "pond scum"

because the '7 shepards & 8 princely men' seemed

to me, to be a s hoe-in for the GB!

Finally they had only 7 GB left alive so they quickly

picked Mark Sanderson and bingo.......eight princes!!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit