Billy's Comments You Won't Hear at the 01-19-2014 WT Study (7 Shepherds, 8 Dukes)

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 74 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Never a JW said," I think the prophecy perfectly applies to the governing body. Not to long ago there were only seven members in the GB, recently became 8."

I was just thinking about this. Technically, the 7 Shepherds and 8 Dukes are Elders. All the GB are Elders as well. With one sentence they can make themselves the primary shepherds and dukes. The regular Elders are undershepherds and "lords." Remember that to be a Duke, you must either inherit the title [GB/FDS] or perform a great service for the King and be granted the title [ Eldub secret weapons..]. The Elders promotion to Dukes is a title without a raise, a typical corporate strategy to placate the gullible. Will it sound as sweet when they are asked to fall upon their swords??

MY DUKE!!!!

DD

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Thank you Billy [You always crack us up by the way}....stayed tuned for more WT lunacy...

• Zordino
    Zordino

Great Thread, Billy you are hillarious

8 Dukes = The Octopope. what a stupid WT study Farticle this week

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

baltar447 comment is correct, that is strange, Billy any chance you have a browser hijacker?

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

great job Billy! Blondie wil be proud :)

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Appreciated this, as I did Apognos breakdown. They are both going to good use let me assure you.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

maninthemiddle: "baltar447 comment is correct, that is strange, Billy any chance you have a browser hijacker?"

I'm not getting any rerouting on either link.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

EIGHT DUKES ?? I mean DUKES ???

Where did the WT get the idea to translate the Hebrew word used by Micah as "Dukes" ???

I reckon this is another of Freddie Franz' brain farts. The earliest you can take the etymology back to is the Latin "Dux" used in the Roman Republic.

Dukes, bloody hell, they may as well refer to Baronets and Marchionesses.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

"Dukes" was indeed a silly choice. Amusingly, the word had already been changed to "princes" in the NWT by the time we studied this article, thus invalidating the title of the article.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Ha Ha ! the Writing Committee wants to get themselves a copy of the Grey Terror (RNWT) and get up to speed !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit