Titbit from April Awake

by konceptual99 13 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The latest Awake is online. There is a story about a nun who became a communist and then got disillusioned with that. Here's a quote...

When my first child was born, I told my husband that I was going to stop attending Communist meetings. I was very lonely because none of my former friends visited me and my baby. I wondered about the purpose of life. Was it really worth making an effort to improve society?

Remind you of any other group that drops people like a stone when they say they don't want to be involved anymore?

• happy@last
    happy@last

The majority of JWs won't see the connection, it's different if you stop associating with god's chosen few!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Um that's a huge non sequitur there...she goes from quitting her political meeting to thinking there's no point trying to change the world...wow talk about fail.

• besty
    besty

I'm sure there is a personality type that is drawn to high control groups

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Re: Titbit from April Awake

konceptual99: " ...There is a story about a nun who became a Communist..."

Yeah, ok, but what happened to the tit bit?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

You say tidbit we say titbit. English is such a good language when spoken properly. ;)

• Comatose
    Comatose

I like titbits and titbunches. I'll go have more coffee now. Good day.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

That's actually one of Steven Hassan's techniques to "wake people up": show them examples of cult-behaviour in other groups!

Oh the irony!

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

It's amazing how often we read or heard of such experiences while we were still "in" and never made the connection. smh

• bats in the belfry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit