Resurrection without a soul that survives death.

by Pronger1 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VM44
    VM44

Here is an illustration to consider.

Suppose I had an expensive Ming vase, and that I was able to scan it completely to the smallest detail and store the "memory scan" in a computer.

Then one day, the Ming vase falls off the shelf and smashes into a million pieces, impossible to put together again.

I take the "memory scan" copy and put load it into a "replicator" machine that is able to create a vase to the smallest detail from the memory scan.

Now, here is the question, is the Ming vase that was created from the memory copy the same as the original Ming vase?

Wouuld it be legal for me to sell the "created" Ming vase as the "original"?

What happense if I were to make several idential Ming vases from the memory scan?

Where is the original Ming vase in comparision to these newly created ones? What is the connection between the old and the new?

• VM44
    VM44

Does the Watchtower and the JWs even understand the implications of their "resurrection" doctrine?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It's a trick of the brain that convinces us that our consciousness is somehow unique and thus we latch onto the idea of a soul for sentimental reasons. There is no scientific support for a consciousness or soul. Our minds are just the mass result of chemical impulses in response to stimuli. Thus, a perfect copy of you IS you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit