Looking for thoughts to share about current WT magazine...

by Faithful Witness 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

I have been in another phase of JW encounters lately. It is almost like the Twilight Zone... In the last 3 days, I have run into a JW every single day.

I saw my Bible teacher, her daughter, and another acquaintance from the Kingdom Hall we attended. I had friendly conversations with each of them, and while it was nice to see that the word doesn't seem to be spreading that I am a danger to them (as part of Satan's army), I feel I have failed each of them.

I would really be interested in striking up a conversation about the current WT (November 2013) magazine with a JW, in passing.

Does anyone have any ideas for a casual question that could be posed to a JW in passing?

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Casual questions about the WT magazine. Hmm.

1. You still believe this?

2. It's such a skinny little thing, isn't it?

3. What's with all the pictures and bullet points? Where's the beef?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I think FW means the issue with the famous "strategic standpoint" quote that's coming up in this Sunday's study. I honestly don't see how you can work it into a conversation in a way that doesn't seem forced and apostate-y. Is it really possible to have any conversation of substance when meeting someone "in passing"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit