Why do so many exJWs promote Watchtower lies and cover-ups?

by Fernando 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fernando
    Fernando

Several footnotes in the NWT correctly define apostasy as "unfaithfulness".

That is spiritual unfaithfulness/adultery/fornication/prostitution/harlotry.

In scripture the Jews were called (spiritual) prostitutes (37 times in Ezekiel chapters 16 and 23).

They claimed a relationship with the God of Abraham.

Yet they lusted after other gods.

And they had frequent wanton spiritual intercourse with these gods.

To cover-up their own lewd apostasy the Watctower lyingly redefines the word to mean a dissenter (against the Watchtower).

Anyone who dissents is labelled an apostate.

Ray Franz discovered their apostasy.

He dissented.

He exposed their spiritual harlotry in detail (ISoCF and CoC).

They lyingly labelled him an apostate.

And many if not most exJWs say this is all fine.

Even worse, many exJWs proudly wear the label.

To show their proud support of Watchtower lies and cover-ups.

How sad...

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

The WTBTS is a dangerous cult. The WTBTS's BITE control is more powerful than most people can imagine.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Farkel
    Farkel

The title of your post is disconnected to your actual post.

You ask a question with it and then give a speech which doesn't even address the question you asked with it.

Farkel

• Fernando
    Fernando

Sorry Farkel.

In essence, what I am trying to say, is that by accepting and parading the label "apostate", and the deception on which it is based, we are supporting and promoting Watchtower lies and cover-ups (in this particular area, namely that dissenting against WBTS corruption and WBTS dysfunction equals apostasy).

What are your views on this, mate?

• happy@last
    happy@last

Not everyone promoting the WTBS lies would label themselves apostates. More like 'showing the bleedin obvious'. Do you remember a craze called Magic Eye. It was a sheet of paper with a pattern on it and if you looked hard enough you'd see a picture in it. This is why ones you call apostates promote the lies and cover ups, in the hope that other finally see the picture.

• KateWild
    KateWild

What are your views on this, mate?-Fernando

I think the WT, JWs and exJWs all have different meanings for the label "apostate", many people in the general public don't use the word in their common vocabulary.

Whether or not one's choose this label, has no bearing IMO on how ones view WT as a whole. I understand your point that many may associate an apostate with a liar, but many will also associate an apostate with a dissenter for legitimate reasons. One's that choose the label take the rough with the smooth.

Kate xx

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Personally I do not like labels, people assume so much, as did the shoppers in the U.K when meat was labelled one thing and turned out to be horse.

Jolly tasty too. Yum Yum.

But if I ever use the label Apostate for myself it is with a smile as I realise what fear and loathing that word will engender in the mind-controlled JW.

I am not supporting the WT definition of the word or their attitude, just expressing the opposite actually, that I am as far away from supporting them as it is possible to be.

I have come across a number of lapsed JW's ( I would not call them Ex JW's) who still support the WT's beliefs, they will not look at sites such as this.

But you cannot really say they promote or support the lies and cover-ups of the WT in a conscious way, they are simply ignorant of them, because their minds and hearts are still entrapped, only their body has escaped, for now that is, they are always in danger of being suckered back in.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

what's wrong with being an apostate? sounds cool to me. like renegade. with a motorbike, long hair and sunglasses.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I just had a further thought on this, which I may have expressed before, the old memory is not what it was.

But in reality, any of us who left before the July '13 WT Magrag cannot be Apostates from the JW religion. To abandon a belief system you have to have held it at some time.

None of us who left a few years ago have ever believed what the July WT teaches, so we cannot "step aside from " or "abandon" a belief we never had.

The religion we left no longer exists.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

the ex-JWs I know use the term "apostate" as a tongue-in-cheek term. It has nothing to do with Watchtower's skewed definition. Ex-JWs fully understand "apostate", as defined by WT, is invalid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit