Update from the land of Southern Africa

by LouBelle 17 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Well 2013 is behind me and I'm pleased that it is done and dusted. It was a hard one, filled with doubt, fear, pain and horribleness. I was very fortunate to get out of that horrid job and get back into advertising with the FEVER. Sure this little newspaper isn't an easy sell but it is what I know and I have been much much happier in this job.

I was fortunate enough to make a little bit of commission for christmas. Plus I got to enjoy 2 weeks of pure relaxation. It is the first time in years that I relaxed 100% If I wanted to sleep in I did, if I want to have a beer at 10 in the morning I did.

I spent christmas with people I love and it was easy going and so enjoyable.

I am still on my anti-depressants and they have truly helped me. That along with a shift in attitude, a shit in what is important and slowly building my confidence in me again. Happy to report that I am so much better. No tears, no pain.

A decision to enjoy my life has resulted in me attending a golf championship and walking the course with some of golfs' great players. There is a trip to Swaziland on the horizon AND another job application with an increase in salary.

One thing I am always grateful for - my freedom. To be me. To fail. To pick myself off. To give myself praise. Without guilt.

• Perry
    Perry

Yes, rest is important and does wonders. Glad you're feeling better.

No More Watchtower Hampster Wheel !!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

**chuckle**

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

LouBelle, you sound great! So glad that things are turning around for you.

Enjoy life! Carpe diem!

Doc

• Giordano
    Giordano

You finished the year strong LouBelle....congradulations. Now you get to do you all over again and maybe even better....though your sounding great as is.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I victorious year. I am so happy you found your way out.

• arwen
    arwen

I am so happy to hear you are doing well!! Take care. x0

• happy@last
    happy@last

Fantastic, you had quite a tough time, you have survived and thrived. All the best for 2014

• humbled
    humbled

Been wondering 'bout you--Glad you gave us an update. You fought it out all right. Made me feel good to hear you really got to have a vacation without worries. aaaaahhhhhh!

• steve2
    steve2

LouBelle, as with many of the lovely people on this site, I wondered where you were! The most meaningful developments in life involve drawing upon our own resources, including strengths, to address our issues. Yes, to have the freedom to do this, and even to make mistakes, is all what learning amd enriching our lives is all about. A sign of maturity is throwing away simplistic views of how to get through our lives ( I.e., turning our thinking minds over to man-made organisations to direct us. ). Life can be f*cking hard - and that's when we need to keep track of our sense of integrity and taking personal responsibility for our wellbeing - rather than looking to "the truth" which turns out to be just one more human-pleasing-obsessed religion. Best for 2014 and beyond! Steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit