Intenational DC in Seattle

by tresdecu 14 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

a selective obedience

Yep - another example would be seat-saving at district conventions.

Ever seen the stampede at 8:00:01 when the convention site doors open? It is every bit as survival-of-the-fittest as a Black Friday sale on 50 inch TVs at Wal-Mart.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I love thinking about the stampede. Men in suits doing a duck waddle so they can say to themselves they're not running. The duck waddle is hilarious indeed. What for they're never in their seats anyway. The seat savers are the worst for never sitting down at a DC, something more important to do.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Yep - another example would be seat-saving at district conventions.

Ever seen the stampede at 8:00:01 when the convention site doors open? It is every bit as survival-of-the-fittest as a Black Friday sale on 50 inch TVs at Wal-Mart.

LOL! That's probably the best description of it I've ever read!

at least the rain will be warm.

The rain is warm to us, but I'm not sure delegates from warmer climates will think so. My daughter, who has lived in CA. for the last eight years, freezes every time she visits.

• JeffT
    JeffT

For those in need, legal marijuana should be on sale by then. Might be one way to get through the DC if you can't get out of going.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Seattle has alot of sightseeing. I'd totally ditch the convention! Seattle & I connected a long time ago.

Mount Rainier - Paradise lodge Alot of hiking and early july is just glorious. Glaciers, meadows, a real trip to Paradise. As close as it gets. A must see for JWs & ex-JWs.

Mount St. Helens - Proof that earthquakes & pestalences are close. This is the MUST SEE. It will blow your mind. A must see for JWs & ex-JWs.

Olympic Penninsula - Hurricane Ridge. Look at the internet for pictures. Like "A Sound of Music"! Then, there is a beautiful rain forrest on the other side of the park. Spectacular beaches. Driftwood on Steroids!

Downtown Seattle - Fish Markets, people watching, ferris wheel, cruise ships going to Alaska. Just a neat place.

Rent a car. But, rent it just outside the airport. Take a $30 cab ride to the rental place. You can return the rental to the airport. You will save a bundle that way.

Totally go! But, totally ditch the convention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit