Intenational DC in Seattle

by tresdecu 14 Replies latest jw friends

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Anyone here being forced to go to the Int DC in Sea. It is July 4-6 at University of Wa Stadium. My wife unfortunately just booked airfare to SEA yesterday. I got the surprise when I got home. She shouldn't have because we are not delegates. She feels it's ok cause her Bro lives there and wanted her to come.

I'm sure that'll F%$# up the numbers if a bunch of rogue "uninvited" Dubs show up.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Interesting, I went to several in the Kingdome and Tacoma dome. The bigger venues certainly make it seem like something important is going on. I wonder if anybody looked at traffic patterns in the area, I'm sure making it impassable will be a great witness to the citizens of Seattle.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Seattle is a beautiful city. Can't you go sightseeing instead?

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

@serindipity

We love it out there. I am from a boring mid-west state, so we go there to visit as much as possible. We're staying for 2 weeks total...only 3 of those days will suck (you can guess which 3)

My wife and I are going to take a little trip, just the 2 of us and go up to Victoria BC, than back down through Port Angeles and hit the coast.

There's a really cool small development north of Ocean Shores, Wa that has really nice houses to rent.

Despite the DC we'll have fun!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

My wife and family in going to the DC in Seattle, thats the only one for the whole area. I don't think one has to be a delegate or anything special to go.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Anybody who wants to go sightseeing is welcome to look me up while you're here. If I'm free I'll show you around.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Husky Stadium is a nice venue located next to Lake Washington and at least there'll be lots of things to do and places to go afterward. Trouble is it typically rains here in Seattle on July 4th (my birthday) and the stadium is mostly outdoors. Oh well....at least the rain will be warm. I already told Mrs Exwhyzee that her out of town family (very nice folks) aren't staying here....not for an assembly of all things. She agrees and I think they know better than to ask, on this occasion.

• sir82
    sir82

I suspect there will be hundreds if not thousands of "rogue" JWs who will crash the US international conventions, despite explicit instructions not to.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Despite the DC we'll have fun!-tresdecu

Really sounds like you will. Show her what real fun is. Take her out for the evenings of the DC, so she won't want to get up early for the next morning song and prayer. Tell her how much you care about her back and does she want to leave early. Make sure you highlight the obvious contrasts of fun and unfun things to your wife. Kate xx

• blondie
    blondie

I suspect there will be hundreds if not thousands of "rogue" JWs who will crash the US international conventions, despite explicit instructions not to.

So much for obedience to the GB...a selective obedience...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit