What does Elizabeth II have in common with the GB?

by Las Malvinas son Argentinas 19 Replies latest social humour

• RunAsFastAsYouCan
    RunAsFastAsYouCan

Narcissistic personality disorder?

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

perhaps the queen just doesn't like the porcupine look and thinks beards ougt to lie down nicely like this may be

oops

edit: trying to link in a pic of Karl marx

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Not to derail the thread, but may I ask why those illegitimate figureheads are of any use to a democratic society?

A UK monarch's duties are mainly ceremonial. Also, the whole monarch thing brings an excess of cash into the UK's coffers in the form of tourism. However, the little used "Royal Prerogative" does act as a check on the government becoming too self-serving. For example, a government in power with a strong majority could theoretically pass a new law that required a general election to be held every 10 years instead of every 5 as is now the case. The necessity to have the Queen's written approval for every new law, which is admittedly almost just a formality, prevents governments in power making new laws that only serve themselves.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

FFS how dumb is this comparison.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I do not see a similarity with the GB and Our Own Dear Queen ...................(Stephen Fry) but Queen Elizabeth is similar to them in that she leads a life with everything done for her, she doesn't even do the washing up ! and she has never been in the real world.

I am not anti-monarchy, but if she abdicates I think we should vote the new Monarch in, as we did in Anglo-Saxon times.

If we had a vote on it, I am sure Stephen Fry would really end up as Our Own Dear Queen.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Re BEARDS: perhaps the queen just doesn't like the porcupine look

Or, maybe they irritate her thighs.

Doc

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Just to clarify, this wasn't meant to seriously compare the Queen to the GB (thus the reason I had posted this in the Jokes and Humour section). She does serve as Supreme Governor of the Anglican Church, but I'll save my criticism for the unlikely event that she commands all Anglicans to shun former members.

It would seem that Harry Hewitt is breathing a huge sigh of relief now that he has a nephew who has moved ahead of him in the line of succession and now would himself be an unlikely future King. Growing the beard was probably a sign of his new-found independence, much like an ex-JW might grown previously forbidden facial hair or have his hair long. Good for him - if he doesn't want the responsibility in the first place, then it's a bit silly to force him into it. Let him join the ranks of the other royals no one has ever heard of and have him cut ribbons on children's hospitals or something.

• galaxie
    galaxie

QUEEN of U.K.but queen of SCOTLAND???? "THEY MIGHT TAKE OUR LIVES, BUT THEY'LL NEVER!! TAKE OUR FREEEEEDOM!!!!!!

• prologos
    prologos

pete zahut yes!

both her majesty and the GB should be shown always to the strains of POMP & CIRCUMSTANCE by Elgar.

• prologos
    prologos

since they both claim that god has appointed them over the domestics, domain, both could claim title to the malvinas/falklands-- lands&population.

some claims are more tenous than others.

The Queen and the GB8 rule over a highly/lowly stratified society, a two tier entity

Queen over her real and then her colonial subjects, the GB8 over the partakers and the OS.

Ba Ba black sheep have you any whool?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit