BEWARE!

by Terry 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Only rational thoughts are accessible to rational arguments.
    Once the category of "GOD" is established in your mind (usually at an early, impressionable age) you can't ever close the file.

It is unassailable.

Why?Because it becomes rooted BEFORE you develop rational thinking skills.
    Categories of ghosts, devils, superstitions hold true as well.

What you can do (since they cannot be removed) is modify your emotional reactions connected to these concepts.
    What are emotions? They are signals (like beacons) informing you of the importance of your values.
    The most deeply-rooted values signal the strongest emotional responses.

What you perceive to be a threat signals fear. What you identify as beautiful, true and just trigger love.
    Combing fear and love into a person creates an overwhelming God filled with contradiction.
    Love and fear are opposites. We keep our friends close and our enemies closer in a dissonant vigilance.

We seek to know and understand what we love and fear. This knowledge seeking is self-preservation at work.
    If someone or something promises us knowledge of what we fear and love and intimate exemption--we are likely to find
    ourselves totally surrendering.

Holy Books and authoritarian religions feed into our fear and love and the need to understand and gain exemption.
    We can't escape from our concepts, but we can modify our emotional servitude by changing the way we understand the dependency.
    Surrender and servitude are dangerous signals we have lost our rational mind's link to what is real.
    If you can't think or say or do without permission--your SELF is gone; it was replaced. You are merely a host containing
    a parasitical meme; a program controlling you. The driving emotions of fear and love have been used to hijack your mind and your will.

WAKE UP!
    Modify those conceptual values.

How? Assert your human right to ask questions and demand answers. If these basic rights and freedoms are denied to you--escape from that censor as quickly as you can and don't look back.

Those who would label you and turn others against you are not your superiors or friends!

These are corrupted minds emptied of human individuality. They are the reason this world struggles to breathe free.
    Save yourself and do it NOW!
    BEWARE OF THOSE WHO DEMAND YOUR LOYALTY and who TURN YOU AGAINST OTHERS.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Another great post from Terry well worth reading. Loved your book by the way. I hope you publish another one made up of your best posts from JWN.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Rational is relative.

• SAHS
    SAHS

To “Terry”:

I think that the “category of ‘GOD,’ ” as such, begins to be constructed at an early age before the development of rational thinking skills because it is a natural function of the creative, non-judgmental right hemisphere of the brain. What can often happen soon thereafter, however, is that this primal, abstract, and rather elusive concept of the divine, or at least universal spirituality, gets hijacked by a system of theological dogma which gets imposed and imprinted on the other side of the brain, the left hemisphere, which becomes coerced into being subservient to the master of human culture and institutional religiosity.

This new mindset which has been linguistically-imposed upon the consciously-aware left hemisphere, in turn, affects the response of the fundamental emotions love and fear. Emotions such as these are an intrinsic function of the brain’s right hemisphere. Unfortunately, fear easily becomes the dominant motivating force, especially in the psyche of those of impressionable age. Interestingly, the brain’s neurological component of fear – the two almond-shaped amygdalae (residing alongside the two hippocampi, which are connected to the two mammillary bodies) – reside in both the left and right hemispheres, testifying to the prominence of its fear function. And it is this fear that is most useful in assuring compliance with other people’s systems of religion.

This underscores the vital importance of the development of critical thinking of the left hemisphere from early on, in addition to freely embracing the creative, spiritual ability of the right hemisphere in one’s one personal journey in life.

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

"Those who would label you and turn others against you are not your superiors or friends!"

Great post Terry. I really enjoy your writing.

@SAHS, I enjoyed reading your post too.

• Terry
    Terry

I use the word "rational" rather literally.

The world as it is BEFORE interpretation by the brain is reality. Our brain creates a representation. If it is accurate, the one-to-one RATIO is "rational" because there is no dissonance.

We can be logical and MIS-interpret, too while still being rational.

For example:

You are out camping, but afraid of snakes.

You crawl out of your tent in the late evening to use the bathroom and see a long squiggly shape near the tent.

You scream, "SNAKE!" while beating it with an axe. . .only to discover it is a coil of rope.

The rope is reality, the "snake" is a false interpretation, but your identification was perfectly rational--UNTIL--you saw it was rope.

In religious delusion, you keep on saying it is a snake even after it is proved to be a coil of rope.

• Terry
    Terry

Thanks for the kind words, by the way.

I'm working on a second book already.

It is fiction; about a Jehovah's Witness serial killer.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I am posting here cuz I want to come back and read this more carefully when I have time. :)

• wasblind
    wasblind

" I'm working on a second book already.

It is fiction ; about a Jehovah's Witnesses serial killer " _____Terry

Maybe you could write another Non-fiction book

about thier blood policy that can be compared to a serial killer

How Hospital liasons stalk the halls to make sure you die a death of a martyr

• Terry
    Terry

wasblind:

Maybe you could write another Non-fiction book

about thier blood policy that can be compared to a serial killer

You came fairly close. . .:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit