WTS putting recommended hotel list on JW.org

by doinmypart 10 Replies latest jw friends

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

I wanted to make hotel reservations at a place my wife and I like to use, but my wife told me she already made reservations. She said the WTS has the list on JWdotOrg.

Anyone else know about the recommended lodging list being online? I couldn't find it.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Here in the UK we have had the hotel lists sent to congregations by the WTS.

This has caused problems because the elders who get the list first have booked up all the hotels near to Twickenham apparently. there are a lot of unhappy people.

George

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I really can't believe this. So far this hasn't come to this country yet. Just a total scam.

• SAHS
    SAHS

Well, if it’s not on the JW.org Web site but you are still planning to go to a hotel to attend a district convention, then it looks like you’ll just have to wait and go to the Kingdom Hall with a post-it note and pen and write it down from the hardcopy sheet on the old bulletin board. If you’re worried about being conscientious enough to follow the Watchtower organization’s instructions about the personal lodging arrangements, then you strike me as the type who would not dare to question or complain about any of the rest of what is required by the organization and would probably be content no matter what. No offense, but either you go along with it all to the hilt or maybe grow a pair of man fruit and set the course you want, independent of that nosy, controlling “mother” organization. Just a thought. I wish you all the best in what I hope will be your journey of discovery and independent thinking.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Sahs - I probably didn't word the OP clearly. I'm not attending the DC, and I'm not messed up about the reservations my wife made. I was simply interested in finding out about WTS' use of JW.org. I'm on a course separate from the WTS and doing alright. I still have a lot of family involved so there are still some things that pique my interest on occasion.

I found out the WTS has lodging lists on their website and congregation members use a login to access. Just passing this along as I found it interesting.

• SAHS
    SAHS

Sorry, “doinmypart” – when you said you wanted to make hotel reservations at a place my wife and I like to use,” I prematurely assumed that both of you are still attending district conventions.

Actually, now that you mention it, I vaguely remember some announcement a while ago that the lodging lists can be accessed on the Watchtower’s Web site with a password, but I am guessing that it is the body of elders that would have that password. I would think that certainly the service overseer and the congregation servant would have the password. I have never heard any such password being announced from the platform for the general audience. (Maybe anyone can get it emailed to them by the elders if their field service hours are high enough.)

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

yup. we did our reservation this week. the convention letter sent to the congregations have the URL and login credentials for the congregation to get the right dates and hotels. Some of the hotels even have a link so you can do the reservations all online. it was pretty easy actually. i'm....impressed?

• pronomono
    pronomono

The site is rooming.jw-conv.org . its very simplistic. And without a login you won't get far.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Why would any of you actually stay at one through their list, etc, getting them referral money? You can get cheaper hotel rates by booking yourself, especially if you use websites like priceline, hotwire, etc.

• steve2
    steve2

It'd be okay if customers got a corporate rate for the accommodation. Who would complain about that? However I suspect you won't get cheaper rates through jw.org - although the big wigs in the organisation probably get financial rewards from the hotels.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit