Weekend Warning - Family May be after You Come Sunday, be ready.

by LostGeneration 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Lost generation, thanks for the warning.

Billy, love it!

• flipper
    flipper

What a crock of $hit. The quote, " OBVIOUSLY , Jehovah cares deeply about ALL those who have expressed love for his name , even if they are not actively serving him at present. " Uh-huh. Right. Jehovah may care, but His alleged representatives, WT leaders, elders don't give a damn as they continue to push division through shunning of inactive ones who are " marked " due to disagreeing with the WT organization. This is such double speak it reeks of 1984. Wow. Good thread thanks for the reminders. I doubt my JW family will try to sway me- I'm not going back- ever. And they know it

• tiki
    tiki

okay - this is all just so stupid. first - "someone may have hurt you" ???? ohh poor sad little you - your thin-skin has been damaged. how about the whole lifelong mental and emotional damage this organization has wreaked on some of us? and YES - life is far happier without petty judgmental gossip monger associates, with freedom to pursue one's talents and abilities and to actually do some good on this planet.

and that para billy the bethelite quoted...hello.....????????????? THEY are the ones that shun and ridicule and demean family members that have chosen to leave - and they think THEY are suffering from family ridicule because of non-believers?

• Justmenthedogs
    Justmenthedogs

I have not had my family preach at me in years, they do try to "encourage me" by telling me all about the pioneering they are doing or the brother who dumped his dog at the pound because he was going to go to where the need is great and we all know he can't take his dog but its ok that it was taken to the pound since he was doing Jehovah's work. I am glad they leave me alone. We do not have the same values at all.

• jam
    jam

A friend ask me, what would you do if they stopped the

shunning. I told him they can kiss my rear, after all these years.

• Blackbird Fly
    Blackbird Fly

Right on the money Lost Gen. My family who pretty much never has contact with me ALL reached out this weekend. a sibling emailed and just went on about how much they love us- (Me, DH and our child) and this isnt the time to slow down, blablabla.

"When we help such
    ones return to the congregation, we contribute
    to making Jehovah and the angels
    rejoice."

I knew it. they only contacted me out of obligation to and pressure from 'the society'. It showed since they said what they had to say and didnt even ask about how we are.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm glad when I can make an angel happy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit