Freedom From Atheism Foundation

by Seraphim23 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Adamah the bible is not the thing I worship although with some it is. I can disagree with the bible with no issue and I do sometimes. I can also have a different interpretation of it than you, as with the gay issue and the bible. However this is not the thread for that debate. The idea of perfect morality is a myth from some Christians I agree but the law is a curse when love is removed from being able to influence it. There are atheists who lack love in favour of law also. It might not be the bible law but secular law in such instances; however that too is anther debate. In reality we both agree on the gay issue but your ideology compels you to not pursue what we have in common but what you perceive we don’t.

• adamah
    adamah

Seraphim said-

Adamah the bible is not the thing I worship although with some it is. I can disagree with the bible with no issue and I do sometimes. I can also have a different interpretation of it than you, as with the gay issue and the bible. However this is not the thread for that debate. The idea of perfect morality is a myth from some Christians I agree but the law is a curse when love is removed from being able to influence it. There are atheists who lack love in favour of law also. It might not be the bible law but secular law in such instances; however that too is anther debate. In reality we both agree on the gay issue but your ideology compels you to not pursue what we have in common but what you perceive we don’t.

I'd have more respect if you just admitted that you pick and choose beliefs and traits of God as you want, since if you were honest with yourself and asked what kind of a God you conceive of, and then asked yourself WHERE those pre-conceived ideas of Gods came from, you'd have to admit that you (as well as 99.9999% of believers on the board) are imagining a God that's an AWFUL LOT like Jehovah, the Abrahamic God who's featured in the Bible.

Very few Westerners who claim to be deists come at their God concepts based on, say a foreign Japanese deity, since they don't even know what that would be, completely unfamiliar with Amaterasu.

In fact, I don't actually KNOW how a deist comes to arrive at their version of a deistic God, without relying on their gut instincts to get away from a highly-anthropomorphized God they know (like Jehovah, based on a characterization found in the Bible) until they whittle down the parts they don't like, as if they were mentally crafting an idol to worship (ironic how that works out, huh, with people creating a God in their image?).

Adam

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

If I thought my response was going to feed your good will rather than your intellectual ego I might be more candid with you Adamah. Anything I say is probably a waist of words on my part.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Seraphim I agree with your last sentence!

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Thankyou galaxie

• LucidChimp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit