August 2015 WT - Let's Review the BS Children

by InjusticeSystem 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Of course, our circumstances may change with the passing of time. For instance, some members of the Bethel family in the United States have been reassigned to the field and are now enjoying abundant blessings in other forms of the full-time ministry. Because of advancing age or other factors, others who were in the traveling work have now received special pioneer assignments.

That is an intriguing thought that was expressed so obliquely. Is the WTS alluding that there are 'special' ones who got 'special' placements? Maybe somewhere warm and sunny?

Are there 'retired' ones who got to retire in tropical climates? Maybe working in translation offices, not doing ministry but instead "enjoying abundant blessings" inside first world buildings situated in third world countries?

• marmot
    marmot

I love how they reference the "wild beast(TM)" without mentioning what the wild beast is according to their whack-a-doo interpretation.

Can you imagine the headlines if they unambiguously stated in print that the UN is going to turn on organized religion? Instead, they have to let the reader go digging in the archives to find out what the wild beast is.

They're clearly embarassed by this teaching.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2
    Which article has the quote "when the organizations speaks, it is Jehovah speaking"?
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

'When the organization speaks, it's jehovah speaking to us' is absolute blasphemy.

This is calling God either a deceptive liar, or a confused bumbling idiot who blathers false prophesy and bizarre speculation. No, that's THEMSELVES. I am especially repulsed by this comment. Stepping away from the org for several years now, it is shocking to hear any organization say this, especially when it is one so mistaken, so many times, that changes so often, whose 'Truth' changes like the weather.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2
    I can't find that quote.....ah nevermind I see someone was quoting a witness. That was gonna be my silver sword quote forever there...
  • joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I found this quote disturbing...living as a JW is definitely living under duress!!

"It is not a matter of servitude under duress just so that we can pass through the great tribulation. It is the way we are designed to live, the way that yields the greatest joy."

I can't possibly read anymore. This is probably the second or third time I have ever visited JW.org and the nonsense is just too overwhelming for my logical thinking process...

• Splash
    Splash
    sloppyjoe2 Which article has the quote "when the organizations speaks, it is Jehovah speaking"?

For the sake of space I'll only include the more recent ones from 2000 onwards.

- w01 1/15 p. 7 How We Can Cultivate Virtue
    Jehovah has provided his Word and Bible-based publications.

-- w01 8/1 p. 14 par. 8
    Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and "the faithful and discreet slave."

-- w01 8/15 p. 29 par. 16 Do Not Give Up in Doing What Is Fine
    Take advantage of the provisions Jehovah has made to sustain you spiritually, such as our Bible-based publications.

-- w03 3/15 p. 27 'The Lips of Truth Will Endure Forever'
    Jehovah gives us sound counsel through his Word and through his organization, using the publications provided by "the faithful and discreet slave."

-- w05 11/1 p. 20 par. 18 Jehovah Is Our Shepherd
    Through the faithful and discreet slave class, Jehovah has provided us with helpful publications and rich programs at meetings, assemblies, and conventions—all of which fill our spiritual needs... Jehovah has provided this spiritual food in great variety—from "milk," basic Bible teachings, to "solid food," deeper spiritual information.

-- w10 9/15 p. 13 par. 8
    Similarly today, a Governing Body composed of spirit-anointed Christians contributes to the unity of the worldwide congregation. The GB publishes spiritually encouraging literature in many languages. This spiritual food is based on God's Word. Thus, what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah.

-- w10 9/15 p. 23 par. 8 "Your Leader Is One, the Christ"
    The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ.

-- si p. 9 par. 16 (2011) "All Scripture Is Inspired of God and Beneficial"
    (1) Jehovah God originates his utterances; (2) then his official Word, or Spokesman—now known as Jesus Christ—often transmits the message; (3) God's holy spirit, the active force that is used as the medium of communication, carries it earthward; (4) God's prophet on earth receives the message; and (5) he then publishes it for the benefit of God's people.

-- w12 9/15 p. 22 par. 16 Learn From the Patience of Jehovah and Jesus
    Well, a person who lacks confidence that the end is near might start to make alternate arrangements, so to speak, in case things do not work out as Jehovah said they would.

-- w12 9/15 p. 24 par. 4 "You Know Neither the Day Nor the Hour"
    As the end of this system draws ever closer, the work of pointing to Jehovah's provisions for salvation has never been more important.

-- w12 11/15 p. 17 par. 9 Cultivate the Spirit of a Lesser One
    A humble person has heartfelt gratitude for Jehovah's provisions, including spiritual food. Hence, such an individual is a diligent student of the Bible and an avid reader of the Watchtower and Awake! magazines... When we manifest humble appreciation by reading and studying our Bible-based publications, we make spiritual advancement, and Jehovah is able to use us more fully in his service.

-- w13 4/15 p12 par 11 Do not tire out
    Jehovah has provided a bounteous supply of written spiritual food to give us strength. No doubt, you can think of a time when after reading a publication, you thought: 'That is exactly what I needed! It is as if Jehovah had that written just for me!' That is not a coincidence. Through these provisions, Jehovah does instruct and guide us.

-- w14 8/15 "Hear Jehovah’s Voice Wherever You Are"
    2 ... In effect, Jesus also conveys Jehovah’s voice to us as he directs the congregation through "the faithful and discreet slave." We need to take this guidance and direction seriously, for our everlasting life depends on our obedience.

16 ... We actually need to put ourselves in places or circumstances where Jehovah’s spirit is. We know that his spirit is at the congregation meetings. Many servants of Jehovah have avoided disaster by listening to Jehovah during our meetings.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

People should start preparing for their own future, not just letting joke-hova decide it for them. This means doing research so you can make your own decisions.

Financially, people should know what is coming at any given time. Is the currency sound and the financial system in good shape? If so, you might invest in bonds and stocks. Do your research well so you pick good companies to invest in. If the currency is debt based and in poor condition, invest in gold and silver. Again, research so you invest in the metal that is currently most undervalued. Hold onto this position until you get near retirement. If the currency is imminently about to collapse, you would be more aggressive in getting that gold and silver than if you still have plenty of time--within the reasonable limits of your reasonable ability, of course.

And get that education. Whether it be college or not, you need to get a good base of knowledge. Basic science and math are not that difficult to grasp. YouTube videos are a good source of information that, while not all of it is accurate, can round you out. You can immerse yourself in a foreign country from your computer--how many people ever thought you could learn about New Zealand from America or Europe before the days of your computer? You can learn about history, economics, religion, or just about anything you are interested in on your own terms via your Internet connection. Whether you go to college or not should be determined by whether it is worth the time and debt you will incur to get the benefits.

Just don't expect joke-hova to act. In various forms, this rubbish has been going on for some 5,000 years--even before Christi-SCAM-ity. Not one prediction of divine intervention in all of Judaism from Noah on, Christi-SCAM-ity, or Islam have worked. Even though the LIE-ble has "proven" prophesies have been fulfilled, that is contained wholly within that LIE-ble and has no outside verification. Whether it be from posters predicting the end coming in 2011, the December 21, 2012 fiasco, or the washtowel's 1975 disaster, without anything to verify things aside this damnation book, you are going to blow it every time.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Awesome quotes Splash!!

Great work

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

sir82: They have no idea of what to do, other than scold, nag, berate, and threaten.

Exactly.

If anything is OBVIOUS it is that the GB are clearly clueless!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit