August 2015 WT - Let's Review the BS Children

by InjusticeSystem 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• clarity
    clarity

I sure would like a dime for every time I heard this since 1960!

"To gain God’s favor, what must we do?

19 As worshippers of Jehovah, we need to imitate Noah and his family and obedient first-century Christians. We must keep separate from the wicked system of things around us and seek upbuilding associates among the millions of our faithful brothers and sisters. Sticking with those who are guided by God-given wisdom will help us to “stand firm in the faith” during these very difficult times. (1 Cor. 16:13; Prov. 13:20) And just think of our wonderful prospects! If we watch our associations in these last days, we may personally live right through the end of this evil system and into Jehovah’s righteous new world now so near at hand "

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Injusticesystem I just realized what your avatar is! Wow I haven't thought about that picture in a while. What the hell were they thinking to put that picture in a CHILDREN'S BOOK. I remember at the meeting (cuz that was the only 'acceptable' picture book to bring), my little kids looking at the babies about to drown, staring at them. I would try to turn the page and distract them.

Yep, the WTBTS, proudly giving kids nightmares for over 100 years.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"when the Organization speaks, it's Jehovah speaking to us"

Ah yes, but then they say "we are not prophets"......

HYPOCRITES....

• menrov
    menrov

Today, of course, we do not know where each one of us may be assigned to live in the new system of things. However, cooperation will bring us contentment and great happiness as we do Jehovah’s will wherever we live on earth at that time

The what about seeing the deceased loved one again??? He/she might be assigned to live I am not assigned to....(some might be very happy with that)..

This statement kills their doctrine that "JW's will see their deceased loved ones"

• menrov
    menrov
    like the "obedient first-century Christians" ... really?? If I read Paul's, Peter's and James letters to the congregations and Jesus words and warning to the 6 out of 7 congregations in Rev. 2/3, I cannot really see they were an example to us.The letters and council are.
  • menrov
    menrov

"Sticking with those who are guided by God-given wisdom will help us to “stand firm in the faith” during these very difficult times"

Who are those? The self-acclaimed fds? All 8 million?

So, if a JW wakes up, is that because of God-given wisdom and should therefore be supported / recommended for it?

• nelim
    nelim

For instance, some members of the Bethel family in the United States have been reassigned to the field...

ROFL! What a nice way of saying they have been laid off from Bethel!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Same sh*t, different day! These statements could have easily come from any WT or Awake! from the 1980's Bound Volumes. Any of them! (especially 1984 though)

GB 2.0 continues their leadership tactics the same way GB 1.0 did with,

"The beatings will continue, until morale improves."

Or, until you send in all of your money!! They NEED money! God is all powerful, all knowing, and all seeing....but by gosh just can't handle money! And he (using the FDS/GB) always seem to need MORE.....more of YOUR money! Write those checks, put them in the "slot in the box" as Lett so disgusting said last month, donate via iPad example, and don't forget to give them every last dime when you are filling out your Will's. Your ex-JW apostate worldly children won't need anything of yours, their pitiful existence will come to an end when the loving Israelite God of War sends His loving Son back to earth on a white horse with a flaming sword to destroy them at the great battle of Armageddon, which will be any day now.....it's immenint (since 1799), sooooon!

When will this vicious cycle of idiocy end I wonder? As usual, this WT article comes on the heels of a "historic" May JW broadcast where GB Member "Get-Bent" Lett begs the rank and file for more money to build even more Temples to JWdumb. The 90-minute money-grab is now being followed up by an official WT guilt-trip, complete with an exclusive article on the Almighty Geoffery Jackson life-story. Praise Jah!

(in Lett voice and gestures) "Let's review children: We're a Cult!"

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

"How could we prepare for that change?"

How about asking all JWs to become vegetarians now. And, for extra points maybe stop using technology, driving cars, hunting animals (I knew a number of brothers who did), learn how to build houses (at the very least how to use a shovel), survival training, etc. I mean, if you really want to get ready for the New System there is a long list of practical things the JWs could do. No?

I found the article to be a very cynical and transparent for getting the R&F to work harder and sacrifice more by making a game of make believe out of it. Sad...

• sir82
    sir82

On the other hand, for the composite sign to serve its purpose, the fulfillment of it would have to be obvious enough to command the attention of those who have been obeying Jesus’ counsel to “keep on the watch.”

This is one seriously hilarious sentence.

"Obvious enough"????? "Enough"?

Things are obvious, or they are not. Can a woman be "pregnant enough"? That corpse over there - is he "dead enough"? That hand grenade - has it "exploded enough"?

Idiots.

The encouraging thing, though, is that the reactionaries at Bethel are reacting more feverishly than ever before. Clearly they are getting "reports from the field" from COs that the natives are restless, impatient, slacking off, pursuing "secular hobbies", education, etc.

They have no idea of what to do, other than scold, nag, berate, and threaten.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit